3S Service Centre - Not impressed at all

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR!! wren

Re: 3S Service Centre - Not impressed at all

Post by MR!! wren »

i dont get that last post? can't tell which side you're on? as moo obviously wasn't told about the other options downsides to paying 500 quid etc

the work to me looks pretty xxxx no matter what the price, i can weld better than that with my feet
JOHNM400

Post by JOHNM400 »

I must say i dont really like to get involved in disputes that have nothing to do with me but i cannot believe the pictures.

The way i see it is if 3S had advertised CC fitted for 500 quid you would expect it was a tempory offer. No one in the right mind would expect a botch install and be happy with it.

If my local gearbox centre advertised recon MR2 gearboxes 300 fitted i wouldnt expect them to leave half the bolts out or only half fill the oil. I would expect a proper job. Likewise if i went to Tesco and it said 50% off Goodfellas pizza i wouldnt expect to open the box to find only half a pizza.
Beaker

Post by Beaker »

Just to let you know, this is now doing the rounds on quite a few forums. Not alot of people think that this is a job well done!!
JOHNM400

Post by JOHNM400 »

Beaker wrote:Just to let you know, this is now doing the rounds on quite a few forums. Not alot of people think that this is a job well done!!

To be fair,the only person who would think this is a job well done is a blind man on a galloping horse!
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

that is a bloody disgrace!

I don't care who fitted it and if it was a mate i'd tell them the same.

I feel sorry for the bloke tbh and i'm shocked by 3s's response

"you pay cheap you get cheap" maybe that should be your motto?

I am not a mechanic and i'm crap with cars but i am confident i could do better than that!

I'd be taking it further if i was the owner tbh
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

It may well have been a budget fit, but James its also about pride in your work.

I would be fuc4ed if I would put my face or name next to the work you have done it is really quite terrible workmanship cheap or not.

I am sure that all the good work you have done pales to insignificance this bodge (best word I can use to describe it) but unfortunatly its here for everyone to see and for you to reply to this guy the way you have will not help you business.

I would go on holiday for a while co`s it looks like you have got bored with your work and just cant be ar2ed doin it properly.
3S Service Centre

Post by 3S Service Centre »

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79280

The result was

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=82132

This one is not the offer moo got, he asked by pm if we could do it again, our attempt to copy what we had done for the lucky person in the above thread was always going to be a reduction of labour time as the parts are very expensive as a package, we could only replicate the price by doing a very cheap quick fix,

It was an attempt to help at the same price, now because of this thread and no other reason we shouldnt have. But....I stand by the facts its a bargain to drive away with all that fitted and working for that money no matter how pretty it is not. And again point out nothing has failed and can be improved upon at moo's pleasure

Please read the above thread.. all off which moo had read before contacting me.

Now this really is the last post so we can get back to the good work we are known for, the witch hunt can now continue.

James
call James on 01256 883386 or 07786073755
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

3S Service Centre wrote:http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79280

This one is not the offer moo got, he asked by pm if we could do it again, our attempt to copy what we had done for the lucky person in the above thread was always going to be a reduction of labour time as the parts are very expensive as a package, we could only replicate the price by doing a very cheap quick fix,

you stated earlier you spent 7 hours on this job! but now its a quick cheap fix! make your mind up! :whistle:

It was an attempt to help at the same price, now because of this thread and no other reason we shouldnt have. But....I stand by the facts its a bargain to drive away with all that fitted and working for that money no matter how pretty it is not. And again point out nothing has failed and can be improved upon at moo's pleasure

Please read the above thread.. all off which moo had read before contacting me.

Now this really is the last post so we can get back to the good work we are known for, the witch hunt can now continue.

James

witch hunt! lol
are people not allowed to comment on a very poor job because its the mighty 3S that did it?

and as for comments saying its posts like these that make me want to give it up! quite frankly if a lot of your work is to this standard then maybe you should!

stevie wonder could weld better than that! :lol:
JOHNM400

Post by JOHNM400 »

Theres quite simply no defending that bodge job.

The fact that you think its ok to turn jobs out like that says it all.

Wiring left hanging with little if any protection and huge butchered slices out of undertrays not to mention the rad being slanted.

No matter how you dress it up its quite simply a good old fashioned butchering.

You have dodged the questions regarding the welding. Welding is welding wether its cheap or expensive. Did you really save time on labour by not setting the welder up and putting great big blobs of quite frankly bird cr@p on the mounts?

If you knew you was going to do such a bodge job then you should have told the guy that it wasnt possible to supply and fit a CC for 500 quid instead of agreeing the job then doing everything possible to cut corners.

I go back to the bird cr@p welds allowed to rust. How hard is it to pick up a spray can of any colour and give it a quick paint? The same with the wiring,would it really of cost you much more time to put some heat shrink tubing around the connectors and tie the wires up?

If i was you id just give the guy his labour costs back and ask him to take down this post to save face.
greeny

Post by greeny »

JOHNM400 wrote:Theres quite simply no defending that bodge job.

The fact that you think its ok to turn jobs out like that says it all.

Ding ding!
PeaceY

Post by PeaceY »

Looking at the quality of that work I would of expected an inexperienced apprentice welder in a force 9 wind tunnel with no gas to come up with that.
That is diabolical and no way would I pay for that quality no matter how cheap,I would be concerned for safety reasons ANYONE who has had work done from them and just "relied" on their expertise or lack of it it seems.
Get it checked out to be on the safe side by a qualified tech.
If I were you m00 I would be asking for your money back,lets just hope they dont do MOT work :shock:

Beer Money and MONKEY nuts
tonyp

Post by tonyp »

Just a quick reply about the quality & standard of workmanship thats gone into the fitting of the cc ,if you can call mounting the front rad with a VERY porly made lower mounting & NO top mounting on the rad other than a cable tie held to the vehicle towing eye,the coolant pipes hung by cable ties to the air con pipes !!.
The cc unit is NOT bolted down to any of its mountings,the wiring a potential fire risk,the coolant pump mounted in a way which makes it very vunerable to damage,
having been in the motor trade for 22yrs & having had my own bussines for 9 years , it appals me to see such poor workmanship & lack of pride taken in some peoples work,
Im the person in which moo has given the task to sort out this f--- up & going by the attitude of the gent who fitted the kit i would strongly recomend others to think twice before using his services............
Azz

Post by Azz »

Check my profile, I'm an IT consultant. I do what you do and more. Not sure where you get your prices from but I certainly wouldn't want to do business with you!

:roll:
Of course you do, when you don't even know what i do, another Arrogant Statement, if you think my estimated prices or OTT then you obviously don't know the cost of anything. I'm guessing you work for a 2bit company selling Dell PC's which makes you a consultant, i come across 20 customers a day who deal with people like you.

Come on guys, 3S has got 1 bad review in 300, if everyone kicks off and keeps attacking him, he may pull support for IMOC completely which is not good.

I work for the biggest IT reseller in the UK and we have some of the most qualified people in the industry but mistakes are still made, I think the mistake on this part was communication.

I think this thread needs locking, and for Moo and 3S to get there heads together and sort this out, as everyone is jumping on the band wagon and this is only gunna hurt 3S regardless of the out come!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Azz wrote:

I think this thread needs locking, and for Moo and 3S to get there heads together and sort this out, as everyone is jumping on the band wagon and this is only gunna hurt 3S regardless of the out come!

it dosent need locking at all!
maybe this post will encourage more people to come forward who have had bad service etc (and im not just talking from 3s)

a lot of these dont get posted due to the remarks you have just made!

3s had the chance to right this from the start! but in thier own words
"you got what you paid for"
so i very much doubt that MOO would use them again!

im afraid if any of the feedback hurts 3s it was done by thier own hands..................
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Azz wrote:I think this thread needs locking, and for Moo and 3S to get there heads together and sort this out, as everyone is jumping on the band wagon and this is only gunna hurt 3S regardless of the out come!

Perfect comment Aaron.

This thread is being watched & just waiting for people involved to hve their say, but is very close to being locked. If people can keep posts bang on topic, with facts, not personal opinions, band wagoning, or talking IT networks :roll: :oldtongue: :wink:

Cheers guys
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
MrMacko

Post by MrMacko »

im not trying to get involved or anything, dont know neither of them.
we are all humans i believe. we all made mistakes. and the most important is that we have the capability to comunicate (some of us better than others).
first i believe this post should have been posted in a members area as a 2nd instance to solve the problem. only then posted in the geral area.
but... im sure no one ever made a mistake at theyr work place either because they where just having a bad day, or maybe because they where having a realy bad day.
3s have offered his services to rectify the job, what else do you want? someone to rub your back? to say good boy?
just take ur car back there, and take a few hours (3) to supervise the work that is done to your car. inspect the car before you go home, make sure you are happy with the service. and if you are not, try to aproach who have done the job instead of jumping into conclusions that your case will be dealt like the previous one.
as for 3s a litle bit more of comunication would be good, before doing anything that would comprimise the quality just ask the costumer if he is ok with it.
anyone else that cant get in both shoes... try to do it for 1 minute, try to undestend both parts and give costructive critics.
to the mecanic that is sorting the car now, good on you mate. make sure he is happy with the job or you know whats expecting you.
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

lock it Big Steve :D

Too many 1 posters and new accounts on this thread

Even if it is locked the original post by moo can be read, for those that have bad experiences or good start your own thread with detailed and accurate statements,
greeny

Post by greeny »

Azz wrote:

Come on guys, 3S has got 1 bad review in 300, if everyone kicks off and keeps attacking him, he may pull support for IMOC completely which is not good.

Thats because whenever someone does post up about bad service from any trader you get the ar$elicking army rolling in and defending said trader and trying to belittle the thread starter.

How anyone can defend this work is beyond me.

On something as critical as turbo charge cooling it needs an adequate install to ensure reliability.

If any part fails in the system it could kill the engine in no time if not noticed, i.e. loss of water from system (no circulation/ no cooling), pump failure from damage to wiring or pump body itself(no circulation/cooling), rad falling out of the bumper etc!

Intake temps would go through the roof and det would do what it does best, kill the pistons/head!
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

I'm locking this thread for the moment here - the original points have been made and responded to and there appears to be little further that can be added factually.

If there are new facts to be posted PM myself or a member of the Committee and we'll unlock the thread again.

Return to “Trader Feedback”