Aw11 , Stock to street sleeper.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Drift or Drag? what do you prefere?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:36 am

Drift
50%
Drag
50%

Total votes: 6

twotoneaw11

Aw11 , Stock to street sleeper.

Post by twotoneaw11 »

Hi there all, I have a two tone white over silver AW11. It has 15" Enkei magnesium alloys in Advan Yoko A539 for light weight and grip. The powerplant is stock. What would be a great first few mods to sharpen this motor up to get in the low 15 quarters?

Is there any quick engine tricks I can do? Or do I just open my wallet and put on a Kakimoto/Greddy Manifold to tip and Apexi filter to sit on throttle body, supporting Magnecor leads and iridiums.

Tell us what you think all?

Best Regards
Dougy
PW@Woodsport

Re: Aw11 , Stock to street sleeper.

Post by PW@Woodsport »

probably not what you want to hear but if its drag racing you're into pull the engine out and stick a 3s-gte into it,tune that to 300bhp and you're guaranteed an 11 second quarter.

As for the 4a-ge,you sound american? hope that doesnt come across the wrong way but if so you have an AFM on your car,you could piggyback its signal and even increase the AFM body by installing the internals into a supra AFM.Wether its USDM or UK spec you could swap to throttle bodies or carbs,stick a pair of cams on it with a unichip...theres plenty of options for raising power to 150/170 bhp but you need to spend thousands to get it higher than that.It starts to become financially unviable and makes more sense to spend your thousands on a 3s-gte which will tune to whatever level you want.Hope some of that is of some use.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Even transplanting a 4AGZE would only just about get you in the low 15s.

Like Paul says if you are into drag racing then think about a 3SGTE transplant.

The NA MK1 MR2 is never going to be a mega quick drag racing car
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Or a twincharger? :P
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Or even turbo charging the 4AGE, but this will still cost a fair amount of cash.

There's lots of info on the 4AGTE on www.mr2oc.com

Chris
twotoneaw11

for above

Post by twotoneaw11 »

Cheers all, will look into it. Have had a quick think and like the idea of the 3sgte, my Celica provides enough power for the big bodied coupe and will make this AW11 a monster. I also like the idea of a 4AGZE with a pulley conversion with a few extra bolt ons. I will also look at the availible parts from the AE86 Levin and Trueno Corolla sites and see what NA block and head mods they can do and what prices.

Will the 3SGTE fit onto my gearbox? mainshaft splines/bell housing etc? I'd be better off buying an LSD equiped one from a Supercharger right?

Thanks for your time and patients :D
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

You'll need an MK2 Turbo gearbox for the 3SGTE conversion. Have a look at Paul's conversion write up on www.mr2mk1club.com it makes good bed time reading :lol:
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

So you read it on a laptop in bed, aswell? ;)
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Leather bound copy, the kids love it! :lol:
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

I think he gets sick of me or my dad popping over or calling him, asking questions about it ;-)

Return to “Modifications”