Man returns gutted Xbox 360 for cash

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

SamUK

Post by SamUK »

thought this was pretty funny.....

We all know stealing is not only easy and fun, but it's also very cool. But did you know that sometimes, stealing can go too far? Take, for instance, this tale of an unassuming store clerk who opened up a returned 360 to find that the console had been gutted, the controllers were missing, and the HDMI cables had been replaced with printer cords.

Sure, we know what you're thinking, because we're thinking it too: That's very funny and not at all immoral. But where we have to draw the line is what was stuffed into the 360 to make it seem weighty enough: An old medical textbook. Gosh, otherwise-pretty-successful thief, don't you have any consideration? Stealing is fine, but shoving a giant hunk of flammable material into a console known for capturing the sun's heat and using it to play DVDs and eventually, inevitably die? That's just dangerous.
nakamura

Re: Man returns gutted Xbox 360 for cash

Post by nakamura »

:lol:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Thats just random :?

I've heard of people buying a new 360, taking their blown insides out, putting the new ones in their chassis and vice versa then taking it back to the shop. "Doest work, can I have my money back"

Quicker than waiting for Microsoft to pick yours up and fix it.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

:lol: :clap:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i borught 2 360's from game, 1 started getting the 3 red lights after 2 weeks and the other had a dvd drive that only worked when it felt like it.
of course game wanted to see the problem before they gave me new consoles but in the store the 3 red lights wouldnt happen :evil: and the drive read "enough" games according to them.
so i took them both home opened em up switch around the dvd drives and took them back knowing both of them wouldnt work, u may say i conned them but they were broke anyway just not broke enough for game to switch them well according tho thier staff anyway.

another 360 i brought from game had no security sticker on the front and you could see where it had been ripped off, so the guy serving me tried to tell me the heat makes the sticker bubble like that......

they really are retards in game
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:

another 360 i brought from game had no security sticker on the front and you could see where it had been ripped off, so the guy serving me tried to tell me the heat makes the sticker bubble like that......

they really are retards in game

:shock: :lol: ](*,) [-X

What a c**k!! When I bought my Elite from GAME I was chatting to one of the £5-an-hour-dont-know-anything-about-games-or-consoles assistants, trying to get a deal on the Elite. He said the Elite is the best one out there (thanks for that!) but it doesn't have an HDMI lead with it.

"Yes it does."

"No it doesn't."

"I know for sure that it does mate."

"No I'm pretty sure it doesn't...."

"Trust me mate, I know the Elite has an HDMI lead with it. It was the first 360 to come with one. You should definately know that if you work here and you're trying to sell them."

"...erm....ok I'll go check....."

"No need mate, I know it's in there....I'll have one."

We go over to the counter, he gets a sealed Elite from behind the counter and starts reading the side of the box......

"Oh yeah it does have one."

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Well done you!!

[-X :clown:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

He probably thought it was an extra. Isnt the HDMI lead extra on the PS3?
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

:shock: no its HD ready out the box!

oh no.....wait.....it isnt. :lol:
Negativvv

Post by Negativvv »

SamUK wrote:thought this was pretty funny.....

We all know stealing is not only easy and fun, but it's also very cool. But did you know that sometimes, stealing can go too far? Take, for instance, this tale of an unassuming store clerk who opened up a returned 360 to find that the console had been gutted, the controllers were missing, and the HDMI cables had been replaced with printer cords.

Sure, we know what you're thinking, because we're thinking it too: That's very funny and not at all immoral. But where we have to draw the line is what was stuffed into the 360 to make it seem weighty enough: An old medical textbook. Gosh, otherwise-pretty-successful thief, don't you have any consideration? Stealing is fine, but shoving a giant hunk of flammable material into a console known for capturing the sun's heat and using it to play DVDs and eventually, inevitably die? That's just dangerous.

Something like that happened to me years back. I bought Mario Kart on the N64, had the Nintendo seal plastic and everything but i opened it up and it was a fat wad of rolled up newspaper!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Im lucky the shop believed me and gave me another box with the genuine thing inside!

Return to “Games Consoles”