Speedo Cable

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mike Stewart

Speedo Cable

Post by Mike Stewart »

hi all,
iv just got myself a second hand gearbox after mine exploded, when i got it home after taking my old one off iv found that iv bought a box with an anolouge speedo whereas my existing box has a digital one. to the point tho can i simply switch the sender on the boxes across? any help is appritiated
thanks
Nelo

Re: Speedo Cable

Post by Nelo »

Hi Mike,

Yes both senders are interchangeable so you can simply pop in your electric sender and away you go :)

Pete
Mike Stewart

Post by Mike Stewart »

thats sweet thought i cud of had a big problem there thanks
Alex_Dunn

Post by Alex_Dunn »

i have a 91 mr2 does this have a analogue speedo?? if so can i change it to electric??
Nelo

Post by Nelo »

It's certainly possible mate. But unless you no what revision it is I can't say for certain. AFAIK the Rev2+ came with electric speedos and the Rev1 was the only one with analogue, although I think some of the later UK spec cars had analogue as well.

Not much to be gained for the effort you have to go through to convert to electric. I had the option when I swapped the rev 2 engine into my rev 1 but didn't bother since the cable ones work fine anyway although the cable and sender does wear a lot more than on its electric counterpart.

Cheers
Pete

Return to “Mechanical”