Nathan at Century Motorsport

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DavidM

Nathan at Century Motorsport

Post by DavidM »

Long story, which I've tried to cut short.....
Bought my tubby late December 2006 from NVI, attended Weston Performance Dyno Day in March 2007 and achieved 236.3bhp with operator comments of: turbo spools quite slowly, rich fueling on load causing power to drop off and would benefit from better boost and fuel control.
Knowing jack s**t about cars, I posted on the forum asking for advice for improvements.
Nathan of Century Motorsport replied with some suggestions, so I popped down to see him to discuss the options and costs.
Nathan asked me what my goal was and the timescale for improvement. I was looking to top 300bhp and was only prepared to drip feed money to the project over a 6-12 month timescale, and maintaining reliability as it was my daily drive.
Based on this information Nathan suggested I start with a GTSChris downpipe and Greddy Profec B boost controller.
After these parts were fitted I attended the MR2 Only Rolling Road Day at DS Automotive in April achieving approved figures of 277.8bhp.
After further discussions with Nathan, I was on the look out for an uprated intercooler and ECU. Eventually I came across a Greddy intercooler on the parts for sale section and Ryan (2BarTuning) obliged with an Apexi PowerFC.
Nathan installed the intercooler, and I went to have the PowerFC installed and mapped by Ryan, both on the road and final tweeks on the Dyno at Surrey Rolling Road making 299.2bhp, so my quest wasn't over. :(
After discussing the situation with both Ryan and Nathan, I decided to bite the bullet and get an air induction upgrade, I'd previously decided against this, as my car is a daily drive and the additional noise was not something I thought I could live with. But I wasn't going to quit 0.8bhp short.
Nathan installed a Power Enterprise Air Impulse 2 last Thursday, and on Saturday I met up with Ryan for a final tweek of the map and achieved my goal with 311.5bhp on the BTEC Racing Dastek dyno with a great 299.3 lb/ft torque.
My thanks to Nathan for putting up with my stupid questions, his patience in explaining in simplistic terms what was required and for helping me every step of the way in achieving my goal.
Last edited by DavidM on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
Ryan.g

Re: Nathan at Century Motorsport

Post by Ryan.g »

The quest will never end :mrgreen:

Was very happy with results espically 299ftlb of torque

Also it was a Dastek dyno David :thumleft:
Caribbean_Blue

Re: Nathan at Century Motorsport

Post by Caribbean_Blue »

That is extremely good torque. I'd be well pleased - bet it pulls like a train!
Running: 313.8BHP @ fly and 285lb torque on 1.15bar.
MY MR2 FOR SALE: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=109986

Return to “Trader Feedback”