TG ONLINE SCREEN CHEAPA..............MAYBE 2 CHEAP?!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

COMPTON-JAY

TG ONLINE SCREEN CHEAPA..............MAYBE 2 CHEAP?!

Post by COMPTON-JAY »

hi found www.tgincar.co.uk anyone used them? want a flip out din screen (£140) or 2 8in sunvisor screens(£190) he also has a shop on ebay......5500 odd good feed back and 69 bad feed back.

would order from web site or over the phone as items i want aint on ebay!

some ppl left feed back says he rips ppl off n sends diff item from pic............but dont know..........5500 good feed back :-k seems better then 69 bad?!

would order over the phone but not sure about sending him the money or using creit card in case the money goes missing an get no tv!!!!

please help, wants item but dont wanna get ripped off n lose all me money! ](*,) ](*,)
KSDevelopments

Re: TG ONLINE SCREEN CHEAPA..............MAYBE 2 CHEAP?!

Post by KSDevelopments »

Hes a good guy, bought LOADS from him. Use a credit card though, that way if anything bad happens, you can get the money back through the card compnay, but not if you use a debit card or paypal.
Patrick Gray

Post by Patrick Gray »

i bought a 7inch flip down screen and tv tuner/dvd player from him.My brother actually bought the same setup from him also.Seen them advertised on ebay originally but in the end we purchased direct from TG themselves.Seemed very helpful on the fone and even give a bit of discount for purchasing two sets. \:D/
COMPTON-JAY

Post by COMPTON-JAY »

cool,whats the picture like? was thinkin of using debit card and doing it over the phone or on tg onlines site
COMPTON-JAY

Post by COMPTON-JAY »

i have a cd head unit already and wanna put my ps2 in the car, can i use the screen 4 my ps2 and play the sound through my head unit/subs/door speckers?! guess i need a pre in on the cd player for the ps2 sound...but what do i set my unit 2? i think i only got cd and radio options
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

COMPTON-JAY wrote:i have a cd head unit already and wanna put my ps2 in the car, can i use the screen 4 my ps2 and play the sound through my head unit/subs/door speckers?! guess i need a pre in on the cd player for the ps2 sound...but what do i set my unit 2? i think i only got cd and radio options

Get an FM modulator and stick it on one of the Radio channels.
COMPTON-JAY

Post by COMPTON-JAY »

FM modulator and stick it on one of the Radio channels.

whats one of these an how do they work?

did u use one on urs?

im not sure if i have a pre in.......should have one i think...
axisofunity

Post by axisofunity »

COMPTON-JAY wrote:FM modulator and stick it on one of the Radio channels.

whats one of these an how do they work?

did u use one on urs?

im not sure if i have a pre in.......should have one i think...

So, right out of your PS2 you've got RCA. Stick the video into the screen (make sure it supports PAL and NTSC if you want to later watch DVDs). Take the sound and stick them into the FM modulator (a box that controls inputs from such a source) and then stick it into the Input on the radio.
COMPTON-JAY

Post by COMPTON-JAY »

ok i get that now but how do u put this fm thing 2 the head unit? do u put the radio on and it make the ps2 sound come though the radio? (ps sound instead of radio)
COMPTON-JAY

Post by COMPTON-JAY »

RF Modulators

These turn the audio from dvd players etc into a wireless radio channel. This means easy connection to your existing stereo by simply tuning it into the radio channel, it also means you can get cheap cordless head phones by using cheap personal radios and tuning them into the channel. They are also known as fm transmitters.

found this on the net for £19 is this what u mean?

i see the 2 sound cables go into this rf box, but dont get how u hear it through ur head unit?!
ie would the pre ins from the ps2 go to the rf box and turn it in to say a 100.00 radio channal, then you tune the head unit radio station in to 100.00 and the head unit will pick up on what the rf box is sendin out?!
COMPTON-JAY

Post by COMPTON-JAY »

also the ps2 has one yellow lead for the picture so if im using 2 screens do i just use a simple Y connector on the lead so it splits the lead to 2 screens? will this spliter work?!

sorry for all the Qs jus wanna know what i need n stuff as dont wanna waste my money of find out i need to buy this and that after to make them work!!

was gonna order 2 sunvisor screens, 1 RF modulator and Y type spliter is this all i'll need?!

oh and 240v convertor ](*,)
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

Hi

Yep, this should be all you need, but you may need some decent RCA lengths to go from the Y splitter to the screens.

Also, Id think about getting it all installed professionally as the screens can be a nightmare.

Pete
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

I'm planning doing a similar install in my Honda Accord, and it really is a simple process once you've got all the parts. The key things to remember with doing installs like this are trim removal & refitting, and cable routing. The first ensures a tidy finish, whilst the other ensures that interference is to a minimum and nothing fouls.

With regard to the power inverter, make sure the one you get is going to be suitable (output-wise) to handle the PS2. I ran an in-car PC setup in my old tubby that just didn't have the electrical ooomph, so the PC would shut down every few minutes. :oops: Maplin have quite a good range of inverters at the moment.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by COMPTON-JAY »

seen a converter that was 130watt is that good 4 a ps2
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Off the top of my head...I'm not sure. Best way to check is to look at the back of the PS2 and see how much it draws.

Post by Rikki »

TG seem good, they are just round the corner from my work in Bellshill. Going to get two sunvisor monitors from them, 8" probably linked to my PS2 slimline.

Fits the glovebox perfectly!

R.

Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Rikki wrote:Going to get two sunvisor monitors from them, 8" probably linked to my PS2 slimline.

R.

Hmm...interesting...

Any problems with vibration or disc skipping when the car is moving? Is the PS2 Blutak'd in or something?

Post by axisofunity »

I tested my X-box today in my car, works great :)

Split screen two player is a bit small, but if you had two boxes you could dash mount one and boot mount the other. Each screen could therefore be linked to one box :)

GOod luck with the PS2
Rikki

Post by Rikki »

Nige wrote:
Rikki wrote:Going to get two sunvisor monitors from them, 8" probably linked to my PS2 slimline.

R.

Hmm...interesting...

Any problems with vibration or disc skipping when the car is moving? Is the PS2 Blutak'd in or something?

It isnt secured in yet, just showing the sizing in that pic. Gets fitted in a few days time.

R.

Return to “ICE and Security”