Clear Side Lights

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

karen hazlewood

Clear Side Lights

Post by karen hazlewood »

Does anyone know the model Year of the MR2 Turbo which has Clear Side Lights as standard? Mine is a MR2 Turbo Rev 3

Many Thanks

Karen :?
Stef Derner

Re: Clear Side Lights

Post by Stef Derner »

Rev 4 and 5 cars had clear sidelights as standard.
karen hazlewood

cheers steve but the jdm turbo has the dif. side repeaters that sit on the bumper :) does anybody have the toyota part no. for the clear side lights on the later spec turbo's? it's just that i've had a prang that obviously needs to get repaired through the insurance company, (i had clear after market ones fitted) but i don't want the standard hideous orange things that come standard on my car! so, if anybody knows the part no. or the details of a later spec car? (apparently, toyota need to know the chassis no. ect) i would greatly appreciate it! thanks for all you'r help :D
Jonty

Clear sidelights and side indicators

Post by Jonty »

karen hazlewood wrote:cheers steve but the jdm turbo has the dif. side repeaters that sit on the bumper :) does anybody have the toyota part no. for the clear side lights on the later spec turbo's? it's just that i've had a prang that obviously needs to get repaired through the insurance company, (i had clear after market ones fitted) but i don't want the standard hideous orange things that come standard on my car! so, if anybody knows the part no. or the details of a later spec car? (apparently, toyota need to know the chassis no. ect) i would greatly appreciate it! thanks for all you'r help :D

Hi Karen.

Stef is correct in that as of the Revision 4 (1996-ish) the fronts of MkII's were kitted with clear lens units to help modernise the look. This is the answer you were looking for as your original post was about sidelights and not the side repeaters. What you need is;

81521-17090 Lens & body Front right
81511-17090 Lens & body Front left
81620-17020 Left Hand Side Cover assembly
81610-17020 Right Hand Side Cover assembly
2x Amber bulbs (from Halfords)

Your local Toyota parts chap should be able to order the correct parts with you a) supplying your own VIN details and b) performing his/her own search to make sure the right parts are ordered.

Should you also want to upgrade to the clear side repeaters, the part number is 81731-20220 (again, check first!) but this will involve some drilling/cutting of the side wings and removing/blanking the std wedge ones.

Regards,

Jonty.
Rowland

Re: Clear sidelights and side indicators

Post by Rowland »

Jonty wrote:
2x Amber bulbs (from Halfords)

The last couple of times I've purchased these parts from Toyota, contrary to popular belief the two amber bulbs have been included.
They're situated in the bulb holder ready for use.

:D
karen hazlewood

thanks for your help guys :D

Return to “Modifications”