www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Torque settings for 20 valve 4age

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bry

Feedback Score: 8

1996 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Torque settings for 20 valve 4age Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi could anyone tell me the torque settings for the headbolts on a 20 valve 4age and the camshaft caps
Cheers
Bry [Cool]
monkeymax

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Would the 20 Valve have the same settings as the 16 valve 4A-GE?
dr_wilkinson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Torque settings for 20 valve 4age Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Bry wrote:
Hi could anyone tell me the torque settings for the headbolts on a 20 valve 4age and the camshaft caps
Cheers
Bry [Cool]

Bry

There's a workshop manual for the 20v (albeit for the blacktop) floating around online in pdf format that's very useful. Handily for me I was still an employee at the time I found it so I made good use of work time by printing the whole thing out and binding it! Wouldn't do it now I'd be paying the printing costs [Wink] I've just had a quick look online and can't find it immediately, but that's not to say it's not available if you have time to dig around a bit more.

I'll check out the torque settings this evening and let you know. If you have an ftp space where you'd like me to upload the pdf to (this applies to anyone else who wants a copy!) then send me a PM.

Rich
Bry

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Torque settings for 20 valve 4age Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

dr_wilkinson wrote:
Bry wrote:
Cheers
Bry [Cool]

Bry

There's a workshop manual for the 20v (albeit for the blacktop) floating around online in pdf format that's very useful. Handily for me I was still an employee at the time I found it so I made good use of work time by printing the whole thing out and binding it! Wouldn't do it now I'd be paying the printing costs [Wink] I've just had a quick look online and can't find it immediately, but that's not to say it's not available if you have time to dig around a bit more.

I'll check out the torque settings this evening and let you know. If you have an ftp space where you'd like me to upload the pdf to (this applies to anyone else who wants a copy!) then send me a PM.

Rich

It's for a black top, no idea what a FTP is lol but would love a copy if you could somehow send me one in PDF form or just the torque settings would be great
Cheers [Very Happy]
dr_wilkinson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Bry

The camshaft caps are 13lbft (17Nm)

Head bolts are 22lbft (30 Nm) +90 +90

Tightening order
8 4 2 5 9
10 6 1 3 7

I'll send you a PM with link to the manual later on...

Rich
Bry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

dr_wilkinson wrote:
Bry

The camshaft caps are 13lbft (17Nm)

Head bolts are 22lbft (30 Nm) +90 +90

Tightening order
8 4 2 5 9
10 6 1 3 7

I'll send you a PM with link to the manual later on...

Rich

Superb, you're a star [Applause]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: