Torque settings for 20 valve 4age

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bry

Torque settings for 20 valve 4age

Post by Bry »

Hi could anyone tell me the torque settings for the headbolts on a 20 valve 4age and the camshaft caps
Cheers
Bry 8)
Watch out OZ here I come !!
monkeymax

Re: Torque settings for 20 valve 4age

Post by monkeymax »

Would the 20 Valve have the same settings as the 16 valve 4A-GE?
dr_wilkinson

Post by dr_wilkinson »

Bry wrote:Hi could anyone tell me the torque settings for the headbolts on a 20 valve 4age and the camshaft caps
Cheers
Bry 8)

Bry

There's a workshop manual for the 20v (albeit for the blacktop) floating around online in pdf format that's very useful. Handily for me I was still an employee at the time I found it so I made good use of work time by printing the whole thing out and binding it! Wouldn't do it now I'd be paying the printing costs ;-) I've just had a quick look online and can't find it immediately, but that's not to say it's not available if you have time to dig around a bit more.

I'll check out the torque settings this evening and let you know. If you have an ftp space where you'd like me to upload the pdf to (this applies to anyone else who wants a copy!) then send me a PM.

Rich
Bry

Post by Bry »

dr_wilkinson wrote:
Bry wrote:Hi could anyone tell me the torque settings for the headbolts on a 20 valve 4age and the camshaft caps
Cheers
Bry 8)

Bry

There's a workshop manual for the 20v (albeit for the blacktop) floating around online in pdf format that's very useful. Handily for me I was still an employee at the time I found it so I made good use of work time by printing the whole thing out and binding it! Wouldn't do it now I'd be paying the printing costs ;-) I've just had a quick look online and can't find it immediately, but that's not to say it's not available if you have time to dig around a bit more.

I'll check out the torque settings this evening and let you know. If you have an ftp space where you'd like me to upload the pdf to (this applies to anyone else who wants a copy!) then send me a PM.

Rich

It's for a black top, no idea what a FTP is lol but would love a copy if you could somehow send me one in PDF form or just the torque settings would be great
Cheers :D
dr_wilkinson

Post by dr_wilkinson »

Bry

The camshaft caps are 13lbft (17Nm)

Head bolts are 22lbft (30 Nm) +90 +90

Tightening order
8 4 2 5 9
10 6 1 3 7

I'll send you a PM with link to the manual later on...

Rich
Bry

Post by Bry »

dr_wilkinson wrote:Bry

The camshaft caps are 13lbft (17Nm)

Head bolts are 22lbft (30 Nm) +90 +90

Tightening order
8 4 2 5 9
10 6 1 3 7

I'll send you a PM with link to the manual later on...

Rich

Superb, you're a star :clap:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”