Rogue - Toyota - XS Power - Viper Performance - Mr2Eddy - JLH

We all need a little help or parts for our cars from time to time. Let us know who has helped. Please read the sticky before posting.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

excalibur1814

Rogue - Toyota - XS Power - Viper Performance - Mr2Eddy - JLH

Post by excalibur1814 »

Each day, each minute, we could make a decision that could change lives forever and these decisions can define each of us in many differing ways, be they positive, negative or unseen until a later date. Decisions like turning left at a junction, kissing that woman/man on that Saturday night or even, just maybe, clicking on a bid icon while on ebay. Yep, it’s time for me to tell anyone bored enough to read about my story.

I used to own a Mk1b Mr2 and boy was it a bundle of fun, plus nothing fell off while driving, unlike my Ren5 GT Turbo. The Mk1 with up-rated suspension, new bushes and springs simply held the road so well. I made a decision to click on an e-bay auction and with luck or should I say dismay, won, A H reg Rev1 Turbo that later seemed to have a Rev2 engine amongst other things like a modified ecu.

I must say that I hate garages. I dislike their mentality most of the time and the passion seems to be lacking in most and that in itself is a reason to stay clear. I threw away over 5k on that Mk1 and ‘never’ had a fully working car! Ripped off? Very much so.

The auction stated a possible blown head gasket, slipping clutch and not much else of concern so seeing the smoke flow out of the car once we arrived filled me with warm feelings of glee and wonder. Admittedly, it is a nice car, but smoke the colour of the black paintwork is not what you really need. “Yep, it’s definitely blown the head gasket”. £1420. I then had to tow the car back to the London office, 80 miles away. You get what you pay for. You do. Really, honestly, listen to me, you do. Buying a car like this while in the middle of Mortgage preparation’s!!! Doh

I now had a car that was stuck, needed repair fast as I needed said car to use while all the mortgage stuff went through. I called a local company to go and fetch the car back to Wales but after ‘SIX’ calls and promises of a return call, even after a personal visit, I gave up. Someone then mentioned Rogue and now the ‘real’ story begins. Deep breath…. .

Far worse than being slapped across the face, deadlier than a kick to the balls, more shocking than a gorilla eating everything in your fridge and then washing the dishes, more tears than a chick flick and even more silly than jelly in a cooker.. Let the buying begin: (My mortgage went through just after the car went in…) Let’s just say that everything on this car needed a replacement.

Rogue:
From a completely professional view, they offer a very competitive and sound service that cannot be recommended more. I feel assured that my car is in safe hands, they do purvey an air of care and resolute knowledge when working on cars. Highly, completely, recommended.

From a completely personal view, they’re great. I love them. If someone offered me a chocolate bar, my favourite choccy bar, I’d rather lick Rogue! (Don’t worry guys, I only like women!) They have been understanding of financial constraints, listened to me nearly scream down the phone (not at them, at the car), offered sound advice and have never let me down and that is important! I will ‘not’ let any other company do serious work on my car and yes, I’m sure that there are others out there just as good, maybe a tad cheaper for some things and more expensive for others, but it’s the personal feel that wins for me.

I left them with, possibly, the most crappy car they may have ever seen and they have transformed it into something I am now proud of. From the throaty exhaust, to the Twin Spal Engine cover kit that scare small children and dogs, to the 1.1bar choccy boost upgrade, I now turn the key with confidence and it starts first time. I, after many years of owning crap cars, have a very nice example.

I thank you Rogue, Patrick DeBlachenovny, Matt Mayhem, Lynn Fantastic, the other guys, all cool. Not sure of the name of the engine building guy, but he’s cool as well!

Toyota Llandudno:
They have been very nice to me as they hardly get any MR2’s! Might have something to do with reputation but who knows! They bend on their prices and they love the car (Four workshop guys and two sales people all standing there looking at the engine bay and car!!)

Central Tyres Colwyn Bay:
They cannot align MR2 wheels properly, with wobble at 70mph speeds. After Toyota above, the alignment has transformed the car.

XS Power:
As far as I know, XS Power make 1 intercooler for the MR2 turbo and that’s the one usually found on E-bay, so why is it that I finally had a reply asking for the part number?? I just simply needed a shroud to fit before it went to install. I called ‘SIX’ times over a week and no one answered the phone. You already have people saying that some of your products are poor so you do not need any bad press. The jubilee clips were also very poor and I had to order from below. Thankfully, the intercooler is a nice part so fair enough but I will ‘not’ buy any of your parts again due to support. (To think I was looking at your Turbo kit)

Viper-Performance:
No problem. They replied to a question regarding Mr2 hose kits within one day. Top products.

Jennifer Love Hewitt:
Top performance, no problems at all and really goes well with my car. For some reason, she never returns my calls either but I’m sure she will one day. Highly recommended even though I’ve not tried the product as yet.

Mr2eddy:
Mr2Eddy supplied an a-Pillar drivers side gauge holder and I must say that this item is a very high quality part. You cannot tell the difference and I might order one for the passenger’s side to hold make-up for any ladies that get in the car. Seriously, very nice, thank you!!!

You should make mobile phone A-pillars that can hold various attachments/phones!!?

(Hope Rogue Doesn't mind me breaking Copyright there!)

Many parts missing as I’m lazy: Cost so far, over 8k. (I’m mad)
1 x Collection of car by RMS Recovery
1 x Camblet,
1 x Idler bearing,
1 x Hydraulic Tensioner,
1 x Cambelt Tensioner
1 x Idler pulley
1 x Remove and install engine,
1 x Strip engine and basic clean,
1 x Measure and assess damage
1 x Line hone,
1 x Full clean down ready to assemble,
1 x 1 x Strip cylinder head, de-coke, lap and rebuild
1 x Assemble engine to long block
1 x Assemble long block to full engine ready to install
1 x Install new turbo charger (Turbo not new)
1 x New Toyota oil pump
1 x New Toyota water pump
1 x Thermostat
1 x Bottom end gasket set
1 x Wossner Forged Pistons
1 x Main bearings
1 x Big end bearings
1 x Piston ring set
1 x Used rev 2 conrd
2 x Mineral oil
1 x Recon gearbox
1 x Gearbox oil
1 x Install gearbox
2 x Oil filter
1 x Coolant
1 x Power Enterprise Air Induction Kit

We're talking a destroyed turbo, bent conrod (x2), rear suspension failing, you name it..... Then I had an M.O.T at Toyota:

2 x Pirelli tyres (Rear),
1 x Wheel Alignment
1 x Water temp send,
2 x Bulbs,
1 x Mot,
1 x Keyring,
1 x Oil filter,
1 x Oil change

Had to be returned to Rogue for work as I didn’t trust Toyota Llandudno at this point
1 x Recon steering rack,
1 x Used front no plate holder,
1 x Handbrake cables,
1 x o/s front ball joint,
1 x Labour for MOT work,
1 x Power steering fluid,
1 x MOT Test
(Mot went outside the limited timescale for resubmit)

Central Tyres: (Because of above)
1 x Wheel Alignment
Nearly the end.

Finally started on the performance parts:
1 x Blitz Radiator cap,
4 x Redline 75w90ns,
1 x Magnecor Leads,
1 x Iridium Sparks grade 7
1 x Distributor cap
1 x Rotor arm
2 x Service work
1 x N/s rear brake caliper
1 x O/s rear brake caliper
1 x Brake fluid
1 x Change rear brake calipers
1 x Rev6 fan kit (Spal fans) (Highly Recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
1 x Install fan kit
1 x RSR Exmag GT-II Exhaust (Really, really nice exhaust)
1.5 x Fit XS Power Intercooler
4 x Fit XS Power downpipe
4 x Jubilee Clips
2x Install Grainger valve and fcd

Nearly one year later:
4 new tyres (I never wheel spin?)

Future:
I have a damaged ct20b for re-con
Want a Link G3 fitting (By Rogue)
Century Motorsport

Re: Rogue - Toyota - XS Power - Viper Performance - Mr2Eddy - JLH

Post by Century Motorsport »

good feedback -

i know what you mean about jennifer love hewwit too!

Your wright up made me smile :mrgreen:
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

Great Story! :clap:

I will only use Rogue to work on my turbo too for all the reasons you mentioned.

I also got an MR2 Eddy gauge A-pillar. I have to say that I have slightly mixed feelings on it:

- for the price it's excellent
- Eddy is a pleasure to deal with
- I don't think anyone else out there would make a better product
- the fit is pretty good
- it's missing the bottom 30cm that takes the standard pillar down to the sill
- the texture isn't the same as the standard one (I wasn't expecting much better to be honest)
- it doesn't feature the clips that attach it to the ege of the roof lining
- my Greddy 60mm boost gauge doesn't push all the way in as it clashes with the body work behind the pillar

- I would still recommend the product though :wink:
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

Thats an intresting thread, thanks for that :)

But also goes as a point for future MR2 owners..... buy a premodded maintained car.

I bought my Rev1 with a 2-way Kaaz LSD, RPS clutch, Koni shockers, Apexi exhaust, Magnecors, private plate etc for 2.5k ;)
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
mattcambs

Post by mattcambs »

monkeyra wrote:Thats an intresting thread, thanks for that :)

But also goes as a point for future MR2 owners..... buy a premodded maintained car.

I bought my Rev1 with a 2-way Kaaz LSD, RPS clutch, Koni shockers, Apexi exhaust, Magnecors, private plate etc for 2.5k ;)

I hear that!

bought my rev3 with low miles, 2-way diff, fujitsubo exhaust, ARC intake, TRD engine mounts, Carbing strut braces, braided brake lines, Greddy boost gauge.
Whippett

Post by Whippett »

excalibur1814 wrote:Jennifer Love Hewitt:
Top performance, no problems at all and really goes well with my car. For some reason, she never returns my calls either but I’m sure she will one day. Highly recommended even though I’ve not tried the product as yet.

Made me laugh! :lol:

I have an MR2Eddy triple gauge holder on order based on Matt's feedback and seeing the product for myself which is quality.

\:D/
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Moral of the story is never buy cars from ebay?
excalibur1814

Yucky

Post by excalibur1814 »

E-bay... sigh!

Hate the place. Good for some things, bad for others and as usual, as long as you part with your cash, the person siply doesn't care.

JLH - :D She's great

Return to “Trader Feedback”