New custom droplinks

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Alex_Dunn

New custom droplinks

Post by Alex_Dunn »

has n e one purchased the new custom droplinks from the twos r us shop and did they make much difference, i recently fitted new 40mm pi lowering springs on standard struts and this has caused a lot of knocking on bumpy roads and i was wondering if i purchased the new droplinks it may help silencing the knocking???
GT Rich

Re: New custom droplinks

Post by GT Rich »

MORE INFO NEEDED MATEY :)

DOES IT KNOCK ONLY WHEN YOU GO OVER BUMPS IN THE ROAD??
HAS ALL THE SUSPENSION PARTS BEEN PUT BACK TOGETHER TIGHTLY AND SLOTED IN TO THE CORRECT PLACE??
AS THE TOP DISH THAT SITS ON THE TOP OF THE SPRING HAS A SQUARE LOCATER, TO LOCATE ITSELF ON THE STRUT.
DOES IT KNOCK ONLY WHEN THE WHEEL IS TURNED, IF SO DOES IT STILL KNOCK WHEN PARKED UP AND THE WHEEL IS TURNED??

CHEERS
RICH
Andy F

Post by Andy F »

Rich
Stop SHOUTING mate :roll:
Bry

Post by Bry »

Alex_Dunn wrote:has n e one purchased the new custom droplinks from the twos r us shop and did they make much difference, i recently fitted new 40mm pi lowering springs on standard struts and this has caused a lot of knocking on bumpy roads and i was wondering if i purchased the new droplinks it may help silencing the knocking???

Could be coil clatter,this happens when the coils of the lowering springs hit against each other when going over bumpy roads.I had this when I used lowering springs,got fed up with it and changed to coilovers :evil:
Watch out OZ here I come !!
GT Rich

Post by GT Rich »

Andy F wrote:Rich
Stop SHOUTING mate :roll:

Sorry dude in work and not meant to be on the internet had to be quick! :oops:

sorry
Rich
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

yep bought them, the only advantage was no more hex key when bolt an unbolt and no more leaky boot :) , in theory if you lower your car the bar where drop link link to will be lower so harder to knock ? and are you sure you line up the top mount correctly ?? I know it will fit any direction but only only way is the correct follow the dot on the top mount otherwise it will knock when driving
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

i had a knocking noise and i found tightening the bracket that holds the spare wheel sorted mine :)

i think warn bushes can cause knocking? your car a high millage alex? could be suspension bushes.
Alex_Dunn

Post by Alex_Dunn »

cars just hit 119,000 kmh

Return to “Mechanical”