Help with wiring my speakers

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

skytek

Help with wiring my speakers

Post by skytek »

Does anyone have a 'how to' on wiring up a new head unit on an mr2 with the active system by bypassing the toyota amp and running the speakers directly off the new sony head unit? My amp has blown and I am desperately missing the luxury of having music while driving.

If so, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
skytek

speakers

Post by skytek »

Please? Anybody?? :?
brummypetepie

Re: Help with wiring my speakers

Post by brummypetepie »

Hi mate

Id say theres a couple of ways of doind this, but either way its probably not a 5 minute job like changing the head unit.

The most straight forward way would be to run new speaker lengths form the head Unit to the speakers yourself, but this means taking off the panels and attaching new wires to the speakers.

The second way would be to use the existing wiring, but splicing into it at various points to cut out the amp. The main problem is that the amps are taking in a lower level of signal than the output, so if you just bypassed the amp it wouldnt work.

I soppose the final way is to buy a cheap amp and replace it in the loom, or even trying to buy the amps out of a written off MR2 - Im sure theres a couple floating around the For Sale section?

Pete

Return to “ICE and Security”