mr2 @ goodwood F.O.F 2007. pics

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jmaddenl27

mr2 @ goodwood F.O.F 2007. pics

Post by jmaddenl27 »

enjoy!
HT

Re: mr2 @ goodwood F.O.F 2007. pics

Post by HT »

Great pics :thumleft: A real pity that it didn't see competition as intended.
djsalt

Post by djsalt »

amazing, although it doesn't look like there is much 'mk1 mr2' left :lol:
HT

Post by HT »

Know what you mean! :) Although I think losing the pop-up lights kinda suits it.
djsalt

Post by djsalt »

I digress, I think I recognise that handbrake (lever), air vents in the dash (apart from the chrome) and .... the cigarette lighter :lol:
millentubby

Post by millentubby »

NO!!!

I was there and I didnt' see this!

I'M GUTTED!

was it up at the Rally Section?
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

millentubby wrote:was it up at the Rally Section?

Yup, parked up in the rally paddock amongst all the other Toyotas.

Last edited by LimeyMk1 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
millentubby

Post by millentubby »

:(

I even thought in the morning 'oh, I wonder if the GroupB Mk1 will be here' but dismissed it as a whim.

oh well...will just have to pray it comes back next year!
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

millentubby wrote:oh well...will just have to pray it comes back next year!

very very doubtful. toyota were the featured marque and thus took along a load of special cars to show off. next year they wont be, and rarities like the above are very unlikely to show their face again ;)

im more bummed that i missed the Eagle GTP, one of the best racing cars ever made. and there was a GT-One there i think too, but not sure if it was on the ground and viewable
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Likewise, I'm gutted I couldn't make it this year. Had an invitation for a ticket, but had to turn it down due to other engagements thinking "there's always next year..."
Had I known this year was Toyota I'd have gone! I really would love to see this car in the flesh... :cry:
So jealous of you and Richard, Chris!
dougp73

Post by dougp73 »

hi, i went on sunday and the mk1 rally and the gt1 both ran up the hill neither at full chat sadly prob due to the horrible weather. rod millen's toyota tacoma pikes peak car more than made up for it though shockingly fast!
millentubby

Post by millentubby »

Jim-SR wrote:
millentubby wrote:oh well...will just have to pray it comes back next year!

very very doubtful. toyota were the featured marque and thus took along a load of special cars to show off. next year they wont be, and rarities like the above are very unlikely to show their face again ;)

and there was a GT-One there i think too, but not sure if it was on the ground and viewable

Yup...I was thinking that myself Jim :(

the GT-One was there indeed behind the JPS Lotus F1 car and next to the JGTCC Championship Winning Supra - got a couple of grainy pics and am sure i've got some of it on track - will get them up when i've got them off my cameras (had old digicam, the mobile and played with my dad's DSLR for a bit...should have a decent pic or two somewhere!).
steveybMR2-173

Post by steveybMR2-173 »

Woo hoo! I didnt know this car was in the UK, Id done some research on this car a couple of months ago, and the fact that it came along just as the group B supercars were banned, we had planned to do an article at some point in MR2 Only Mag, but it would be even better to actually see the car, does anyone know who owns it., a museum or private collector I suspect?
Black 1994 Mk2 Rev 3 GT Turbo T-Bar
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

i beleive that TRD own it (or TTE, same people)and that it resides in Germany at the HQ. but i could be wrong. your best bet would be to email TTE
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

steveybMR2-173 wrote:Woo hoo! I didnt know this car was in the UK, Id done some research on this car a couple of months ago, and the fact that it came along just as the group B supercars were banned, we had planned to do an article at some point in MR2 Only Mag, but it would be even better to actually see the car, does anyone know who owns it., a museum or private collector I suspect?

Is TTE in Cologne. If you contact them, they may let you visit and have a look at the car.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Lauren wrote:
steveybMR2-173 wrote:Woo hoo! I didnt know this car was in the UK, Id done some research on this car a couple of months ago, and the fact that it came along just as the group B supercars were banned, we had planned to do an article at some point in MR2 Only Mag, but it would be even better to actually see the car, does anyone know who owns it., a museum or private collector I suspect?

Is TTE in Cologne. If you contact them, they may let you visit and have a look at the car.

If you do steve, can I come with you as a test driver :thumleft:
Jim-SR

Post by Jim-SR »

TTE is indeed in Cologne (its the Toyota motorsport premises, same place as their F1 effort is run from)
Gary ST165

Post by Gary ST165 »

i may have mis-understood, but i thought that the driver (John Day: Toyota GB) said he personally owned the black 4wd AW11?? mr2 group "S". (1 of 3 still in existence). The other 2 are in Japan.

the other cars on the rally stand (ST165, ST185, TA64 etc) are kept in Japan and flown world wide for events as required.
Polypedates

Post by Polypedates »

A few more piccies...

Polypedates

Post by Polypedates »

And more...

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”