www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
mr2 @ goodwood F.O.F 2007. pics

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmaddenl27

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: mr2 @ goodwood F.O.F 2007. pics Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

enjoy!
HT

Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Great pics [thumleft] A real pity that it didn't see competition as intended.
djsalt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

amazing, although it doesn't look like there is much 'mk1 mr2' left [Laughing]
HT

Feedback Score: 12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Know what you mean! [Smile] Although I think losing the pop-up lights kinda suits it.
djsalt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I digress, I think I recognise that handbrake (lever), air vents in the dash (apart from the chrome) and .... the cigarette lighter [Laughing]
millentubby
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

NO!!!

I was there and I didnt' see this!

I'M GUTTED!

was it up at the Rally Section?
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Feedback Score: 7

1987 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

millentubby wrote:
was it up at the Rally Section?

Yup, parked up in the rally paddock amongst all the other Toyotas.

Last edited by LimeyMk1 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
millentubby
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

[Sad]

I even thought in the morning 'oh, I wonder if the GroupB Mk1 will be here' but dismissed it as a whim.

oh well...will just have to pray it comes back next year!
Jim-SR
Premium Member

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

millentubby wrote:

very very doubtful. toyota were the featured marque and thus took along a load of special cars to show off. next year they wont be, and rarities like the above are very unlikely to show their face again [Wink]

im more bummed that i missed the Eagle GTP, one of the best racing cars ever made. and there was a GT-One there i think too, but not sure if it was on the ground and viewable
monkeymax

Feedback Score: 8

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Likewise, I'm gutted I couldn't make it this year. Had an invitation for a ticket, but had to turn it down due to other engagements thinking "there's always next year..."
Had I known this year was Toyota I'd have gone! I really would love to see this car in the flesh... [Crying or Very sad]
So jealous of you and Richard, Chris!
dougp73

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

hi, i went on sunday and the mk1 rally and the gt1 both ran up the hill neither at full chat sadly prob due to the horrible weather. rod millen's toyota tacoma pikes peak car more than made up for it though shockingly fast!
millentubby
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Jim-SR wrote:
millentubby wrote:

very very doubtful. toyota were the featured marque and thus took along a load of special cars to show off. next year they wont be, and rarities like the above are very unlikely to show their face again [Wink]

and there was a GT-One there i think too, but not sure if it was on the ground and viewable

Yup...I was thinking that myself Jim [Sad]

the GT-One was there indeed behind the JPS Lotus F1 car and next to the JGTCC Championship Winning Supra - got a couple of grainy pics and am sure i've got some of it on track - will get them up when i've got them off my cameras (had old digicam, the mobile and played with my dad's DSLR for a bit...should have a decent pic or two somewhere!).
steveybMR2-173
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 17

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Woo hoo! I didnt know this car was in the UK, Id done some research on this car a couple of months ago, and the fact that it came along just as the group B supercars were banned, we had planned to do an article at some point in MR2 Only Mag, but it would be even better to actually see the car, does anyone know who owns it., a museum or private collector I suspect?
Jim-SR
Premium Member

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i beleive that TRD own it (or TTE, same people)and that it resides in Germany at the HQ. but i could be wrong. your best bet would be to email TTE
Lauren
IMOC Committee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

steveybMR2-173 wrote:
Woo hoo! I didnt know this car was in the UK, Id done some research on this car a couple of months ago, and the fact that it came along just as the group B supercars were banned, we had planned to do an article at some point in MR2 Only Mag, but it would be even better to actually see the car, does anyone know who owns it., a museum or private collector I suspect?

Is TTE in Cologne. If you contact them, they may let you visit and have a look at the car.
2013 GT86 Injen Induction. Volks Racing TE37s & TRD Aero Fins, Mega sounds. TEIN Street Flex 5/6kg, TEIN EDFC Active Pro. Tuning Developments Remap 4-1 Manifold, TD resonated exhaust, decat/overpipe, AP Racing 4 Pot front brakes. [lover]
cartledge_uk

Feedback Score: 6

1986 Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Lauren wrote:
steveybMR2-173 wrote:

Is TTE in Cologne. If you contact them, they may let you visit and have a look at the car.

If you do steve, can I come with you as a test driver [thumleft]
Jim-SR
Premium Member

1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

TTE is indeed in Cologne (its the Toyota motorsport premises, same place as their F1 effort is run from)
Gary ST165

Feedback Score: 3

1989 Toyota Celica

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

i may have mis-understood, but i thought that the driver (John Day: Toyota GB) said he personally owned the black 4wd AW11?? mr2 group "S". (1 of 3 still in existence). The other 2 are in Japan.

the other cars on the rally stand (ST165, ST185, TA64 etc) are kept in Japan and flown world wide for events as required.
Polypedates
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

A few more piccies...

'87 MR2 T-Bar (interminable resto project)
'99 Accord Type-R (family bus)
'00 Ford Racing Puma (daily driver)
Polypedates
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1988 Toyota MR2 Mk1b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

And more...

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: