help needed form mk1 owner

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

richie_luton

help needed form mk1 owner

Post by richie_luton »

First post on here, so hello everyone: I have a 89' mica blue, mk 1

I need to renew the washer/seals on the cylinder head which covers the retaining studs.

Unfortunatley my first investigation to sourcing these failed miserably so I need some helpful advice.

Toyota (milton keynes) will only sell me what they call is a "headkit" at £130.

Does anyone have any advice for me. thanks guys and gals
spudgun

Re: help needed form mk1 owner

Post by spudgun »

Hi Richie, welcome on board sir, nice to see another mk1 owner.

Have you seen the parts your after, I know the ones your on about, but can't recall exactly what they look like.
If there just a rubber disc with an outside dia, an inside dia and a thickness, and you find you can't get em anywhere, give me a shout.
I could punch em out of some sheet rubber at work for next to nothing.
Up to you, the offers there if you want it.
Just another idea, you could probably get away with a "fat" o-ring if you can find a supplier. hth.
richie_luton

response

Post by richie_luton »

top man, i have sent you a message, hope you get it.........let me know

richie
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

you could try twosrus they sell a seal kit for about a fiver.they are in canada but in my experience they give good service.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Don't take that kind of treatment from Toyota! The cam cover washers are available seperately, I've bought a set from them (about £12 if I remmber correctly)!

www.twosrus.com are a damn good organisation, I've had quite a lot of stuff from them!

Good luck

Chris
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

i got the gas propt for my mk1 engine lid from twosrus.com and got it super fast!

sold my Mk1 though *sniff*
richie_luton

toyota

Post by richie_luton »

thanks for the info, i will get onto them in the morning. wicked website/forum by the way!!
Stef Derner

Post by Stef Derner »

The sealkits are from these guys:
http://www.kbox.ca/
They are a trader on MR2OC
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

welcome to imoc rich,if you dont find what you're looking for and you dont take mr spud up on his kind offer ive got a big box full of old cam covers and top end bits,theres loads of seals in there which you are welcome to FOC.
Tony jinxy froude

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

Welcome to IMOC Richie & its great to see yet another MK1 join the ranks and spread the word that the good old MK1 is, more reliable, better looking, and better handling than the MK2 and will still be here when the MK2's are all baked bean tins :lol: :lol: , anyway welcome to the mad world that is IMOC, all the best, Jinxy
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

Tony jinxy froude wrote:Welcome to IMOC Richie & its great to see yet another MK1 join the ranks and spread the word that the good old MK1 is, more reliable, better looking, and better handling than the MK2 and will still be here when the MK2's are all baked bean tins :lol: :lol: , anyway welcome to the mad world that is IMOC, all the best, Jinxy

ya cheeky git tony :D

i sold my mk1 because the thing was dissolving, better looking is a tough call as well mate, i think the MKII had the looks and the power and the MK1 had the handling if you ask me :D
Tony jinxy froude

No sorry, the MK1 ticks all three boxes if you ask me, in fact ask any mk1 owner on here, i think you'll find they agree :lol: :lol: :lol: remember Never burn your bridges......... you may end up with another mk1 someday :wink: , Jinxy
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

cant you tell chris is missing his old mk1? everything he writes shouts out that he`s got withdrawal symptoms. about time he bought a real car again if only for weekends.
Tony jinxy froude

Oh yeah, well done Kev..... that brings us neatly on to the fact that will have a MK1 for sale soon :wink: :wink: , what about it then rust boy ?? you KNOW you want to :lol: :lol:
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

I`ll feed you the lines.hope you had a good one.speak to you later.Kev

Return to “Mechanical”