Truck experiences on the M6

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

axisofunity

Truck experiences on the M6

Post by axisofunity »

I don't know what it is about truckers, but I think some of them have very short-term memory problems.

What I'll say below has happened twice now in six months, and each time, it scared me to death.

First time I was in the left hand lane with my top down and the most recent time I was again in the left hand lane, but getting directions from a friend to I was going about 63ish... Either case, I was 'obviously' a barrier to trucks behind me who overtook... Fair enough...

What has happened twice now is that they forget they've overtaken me and start to turn back into the lane way too soon putting me in the hardshoulder in a cloud of dust! The first truck did it with just his tail end, so it wasn't too bad, little bit of hard shoulder and some breaking. The second and most recent guy on March 31st, turned back with his CAB! MORON.

WTF is wrong with them, they see me and overtake me, then just because their mirrors are so high they don't bother to wait for me to come into their rear view they just start to signal and push back in again.

The 2 is a low car, but it's not ***that*** low...

Pay attention truckers, get more sleep, don't indicate and move before checking your mirrors.

Anyway, rant over.
DeusMR2

Re: Truck experiences on the M6

Post by DeusMR2 »

My dads old car got completly crushed down the right hand side by an overtaking trucker, he blamed his "blind spot" but he was honest and ok about it afterwards and bought the car off my dad later that night (it would've been a write-off)

The only thing that saved my dad and passengers from being crushed were the side impact bars! (you could see where the door had "wrapped" itself around the bar) Thank god Carina's have them =D>
NetsMR2

Post by NetsMR2 »

that's awful - I work for a transport company, if you get the name of the company and the registration / trailer number of the vehicle the company will take action against the driver
(I know that getting the reg isnt a priority when your trying to avoid a crash - but it might stop the driver doing it to someone else who isnt so lucky)
take care :D
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

NetsMR2 wrote:that's awful - I work for a transport company, if you get the name of the company and the registration / trailer number of the vehicle the company will take action against the driver
(I know that getting the reg isnt a priority when your trying to avoid a crash - but it might stop the driver doing it to someone else who isnt so lucky)

I was nearly shunted by a crane driver down the M1 about a month ago (actually drivin back from Rogue's after picking my car up for the first time) - I could not see his lights in the rear view mirror so i knew he was close (i was only doing 60-65mph and i had a brand new clutch and flywheel)
thing is i looked up through the glass t-bar's and could see the CRANE ! over my car !!!!! WTF ! :shock: - so I pulled away a bit - then here he comes again right up my ar5e :evil:

again I pull away.. again he drives right up behind me so i can see the crane through my t-bars again ! :shock:

SO i dabbed my brakes as by this point I was furious (bit silly to do that but he was pi55ing me right off)

he back off a bit then guess what - YEP - he's back up my ar5e again ! :shock: - So I put the window down extended my right arm and gave him the finger.. planted my right foot and left him for dust..

Trouble was - 10 miles down the road again he had caught me up ! - he drove right up the back of me... so i dabbed the brakes again - so he pulled out to the side of me and pulled up along side - he was haging out of his "left hand drive cab" - doing throat slitting actions towards me... then he turns left and forces me onto to hard shoulder !!! :shock:

I decided to put my hazards on and crusie to a stop and stayed there for a while as i was quite shook up (well the old heart was racing a bit after nearly going under his wheels ! :cry: )

I wish i had got his plate now - this guy I'm convinced wanted to seriously injure me - and all because I gave him the finger after his dangerous driving..

my dabbing of brakes was equally stupid but he drove me to it !

but there is no excuse for nearly killing someone by pulling intentionally across someone with an articulate crane !!!!

then again what could you do even if you did get his plate ? - his word against mine surely..

interested to know peoples thoughts on that.

cheers
Frank.
:(
Raf

Post by Raf »

CosmosblueMR2 wrote:
NetsMR2 wrote:that's awful - I work for a transport company, if you get the name of the company and the registration / trailer number of the vehicle the company will take action against the driver

I was nearly shunted by a crane driver down the M1 about a month ago (actually drivin back from Rogue's after picking my car up for the first time) - I could not see his lights in the rear view mirror so i knew he was close (i was only doing 60-65mph and i had a brand new clutch and flywheel)
thing is i looked up through the glass t-bar's and could see the CRANE ! over my car !!!!! WTF ! :shock: - so I pulled away a bit - then here he comes again right up my ar5e :evil:

again I pull away.. again he drives right up behind me so i can see the crane through my t-bars again ! :shock:

SO i dabbed my brakes as by this point I was furious (bit silly to do that but he was pi55ing me right off)

he back off a bit then guess what - YEP - he's back up my ar5e again ! :shock: - So I put the window down extended my right arm and gave him the finger.. planted my right foot and left him for dust..

Trouble was - 10 miles down the road again he had caught me up ! - he drove right up the back of me... so i dabbed the brakes again - so he pulled out to the side of me and pulled up along side - he was haging out of his "left hand drive cab" - doing throat slitting actions towards me... then he turns left and forces me onto to hard shoulder !!! :shock:

I decided to put my hazards on and crusie to a stop and stayed there for a while as i was quite shook up (well the old heart was racing a bit after nearly going under his wheels ! :cry: )

I wish i had got his plate now - this guy I'm convinced wanted to seriously injure me - and all because I gave him the finger after his dangerous driving..

my dabbing of brakes was equally stupid but he drove me to it !

but there is no excuse for nearly killing someone by pulling intentionally across someone with an articulate crane !!!!

then again what could you do even if you did get his plate ? - his word against mine surely..

interested to know peoples thoughts on that.

cheers
Frank.
:(

WTF :shock: that would have been some scary sh!t.... it probably would have been his word against yours but if he had had some complaints before i guess some action would have been taken!
NetsMR2

Post by NetsMR2 »

Hi Frank
OMG! :o
If you had got his plate number the company would have to interview the driver about it, yes he could have denied everything, but the chances are that this wouldnt be the first time he'd have been reported.
We find that we get complaints about the same drivers. mud sticks eventually and driving like a knob in a crane just isnt something he should be doing.
jealously is a sad thing.
glad you survived mate !
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

NetsMR2 wrote:Hi Frank
OMG! :o
If you had got his plate number the company would have to interview the driver about it, yes he could have denied everything, but the chances are that this wouldnt be the first time he'd have been reported.
We find that we get complaints about the same drivers. mud sticks eventually and driving like a knob in a crane just isnt something he should be doing.
jealously is a sad thing.
glad you survived mate !

it was a close thing - i glad i realised what he was doing and managed to pull over to the hard shoulder intime.... all on the first day of getting my car back from Rogue's after it being converted too ! - yes i think he must have been jealous of the car - it's amazing how many n0bs are out there to try and encourage you to race them or to cut you up just cos you have a nice looking car.

i can;t imagine how it would be if i had a super car - i'd be paranoid abouot ever taking it out ! - people can be such idiots :evil:

luckily both myself and the car were fine :wink: - i'm just glad of the hard shoulder !!!!! :shock:

Return to “Driving Experiences”