IMOC photos

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hedgehog Dodger

IMOC photos

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

Is there anyway there can be an offsite link to the old files that were hosted on IMOC?

Cheers

:?
poyntesm

Re: IMOC photos

Post by poyntesm »

Dan,

I think Ben saved all the info....but not 100% sure as site sort of went belly up due soley load. I will see what we can do...if it is not too big I might be able to host on my personal site. We are looking to add file storage to IMOC but it could well end up being a premium feature as it eats bandwidth. Idea would be pay £10 or so a year and get lots of extra features...

Regards
Esmond
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

poyntesm wrote:Dan,

I think Ben saved all the info....but not 100% sure as site sort of went belly up due soley load. I will see what we can do...if it is not too big I might be able to host on my personal site. We are looking to add file storage to IMOC but it could well end up being a premium feature as it eats bandwidth. Idea would be pay £10 or so a year and get lots of extra features...

Regards
Esmond

Esmond

I think thats the best idea ever. Pay £10 to have say 10 photos. £1 per photo but you can change etc the ones we have got.

I just dont want to sign up anywhere else and have to go through hosting them on there.

:P
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Bear with us...we will have it all soon.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

poyntesm wrote:not 100% sure as site sort of went belly up due soley load.

:roll:

The host disabled the site cos it was too busy and we weren't paying. We got all the files bar the uploaded ones to move the site. We didn't grab the uploaded ones cos it was more important to get the code and database working and the uploaded file area was massive. Hopefully someone has managed to get the old files though before the host deleted our account. From what you say it seems that way.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Aidy wrote:

The host disabled the site cos it was too busy and we weren't paying.

Even if we were paying the site would still have been disabled though...

I'm afraid when I downloaded the old site before it went offline, there were no files I could download from the files area - they were 'gone'. No idea where.

The best I can suggest is to grab any old files from here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.imoc.co.uk/
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Aidy wrote:

Aidy...I was just trying to say site went down not due to anyones code being bad or a mistake by anyone..just that it got too busy for the free hosting.
jonno

Post by jonno »

poyntesm wrote:
Aidy wrote:

Aidy...I was just trying to say site went down not due to anyones code being bad or a mistake by anyone..just that it got too busy for the free hosting.

It was based on access - im amazed it lasted as long as it did, it should have been ported over to MySql years ago!
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

jonno wrote:It was based on access - im amazed it lasted as long as it did

Quite :) Given that we were so much beyond what MS recommends for an Access DB I have to admit it actually did quite well. Thankfully the site's access had levelled out so it wasn't getting any busier.
Jon S

Post by Jon S »

BenF wrote:
The best I can suggest is to grab any old files from here:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.imoc.co.uk/

If you click very quickly on the menu on the left, you can access old Q&A posts, files and 'How to's etc...

Return to “Club News and Announcements”