Ice Ice baby

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

axisofunity

Ice Ice baby

Post by axisofunity »

Well my new ICE is set-up with two TFTs, DVD changer etc. Pictures below. Not in the picture below is the massive behind seat sub and the sony 10 disc CD changer + Alpine 2/1 AMP.

Sony 10 Disc DVD

Yay, working Electric Ariel :)

Close up of the two TFTs... Can you see the film?

Zoomed in on the Passenger Side TFT

Longer shot of TFTs

Sony Headunit that controls the DVD changer, CD Changer etc + magic eye

Loads of remotes

Big control box
axisofunity

Re: Ice Ice baby

Post by axisofunity »

ps, the screens are actually very bright, good quality, but the lighting outside sucks... It's almost raining here!
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Very nice - I'm really impressed with the whole install. A shame they couldn't do the sun screens in a dark grey, though, just to tie it in better with the rest of the interior.

Top stuff!
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by axisofunity »

Nige wrote:Very nice - I'm really impressed with the whole install. A shame they couldn't do the sun screens in a dark grey, though, just to tie it in better with the rest of the interior.

Top stuff!

Thanks :) There's one problem with it, but I think I know what it is.... I've asked a question in electrical though if you could help!
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Very nice install mate, just got to ask, where did you get the tft visors from?
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

Just one thing Id add to the system, a rear view camera installed by the rear boot lock connected tot eh drivers side TFT........whack it into reverse, drop down the visor - who needs mirrors!!!!???????

If you have a look on ebay you can get TFTs and cameras.......also from here......http://www.tgincar.co.uk/

Pete
brummypetepie

Post by brummypetepie »

Sorry, got another idea, 2 in a roll.....Ill be knackered for the day now though.....

Why dont you move the Sony contrl unit thats currently by the gearstick to where the ashtray is?? If you dont smoke itll look great there and more out of the way than where it is at the mo.....

Pete
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

The control unit would bother me. For a start, it would interfere with my left arm - I like to rest my arm on the 'transmission' tunnel when driving the '2.

The other thing is that the control unit is too visible to thieves. Anyone looking in would see this and work out that there's obviously some sort of hidden A/V system in the car. Re-siting the control unit by the boot release would get it out of view (and to hell with the passenger control!).

Not having a gripe, though, so don't read any negativity into my comments; I'm impressed with your install as it's very tidy and obviously does the job perfectly.
I'm toying with a similar idea, although a PS2 behind the driver's seat would give me gaming, DVD, etc...

:D
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by axisofunity »

Nige wrote:The control unit would bother me. For a start, it would interfere with my left arm - I like to rest my arm on the 'transmission' tunnel when driving the '2.

The other thing is that the control unit is too visible to thieves. Anyone looking in would see this and work out that there's obviously some sort of hidden A/V system in the car. Re-siting the control unit by the boot release would get it out of view (and to hell with the passenger control!).

Not having a gripe, though, so don't read any negativity into my comments; I'm impressed with your install as it's very tidy and obviously does the job perfectly.
I'm toying with a similar idea, although a PS2 behind the driver's seat would give me gaming, DVD, etc...

:D

You're right here.... But the other problem is that the monitors show through the t-bar a little :) So I need to stick those sunroof visors on when I park it in scally areas :) And stick a magazine over the control till I move it. I think I'll stick it in the glove compartment.
philz

Post by philz »

How do you find the sunvisor screens? Are they not too close to your face to be able to watch them comfortably?

I've been toying with fitting a screen for a while but wasn't sure if they would be too close to be useful.
Raf

Post by Raf »

axisofunity wrote:

You're right here.... But the other problem is that the monitors show through the t-bar a little :) So I need to stick those sunroof visors on when I park it in scally areas :) And stick a magazine over the control till I move it. I think I'll stick it in the glove compartment.

Nige is right, i wouldn't leave the control box there. As for the TFT's showing through the T-Bars, you could tint the glass or use the shades if you have them.

A very nice install by the way! =D>

Return to “ICE and Security”