Is my mr2 turbo mapped???

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

yellowturbs

Is my mr2 turbo mapped???

Post by yellowturbs »

this may be a silly question, but how can i tell if my ecu has been remapped? i have a dyno readout of 272bhp which came with the history of car. the dyno was from fensport i think. the reason i ask this is because there were no obvious engine mods when i brought car last year, and im trying to work out where 30bhp is from. the only thing i can think is the mods have been removed! :-k i should be getting my car on the rolling road soon, so maybe i will know more then! does anyone have any other ideas, thanks
gmtc

Re: Is my mr2 turbo mapped???

Post by gmtc »

For it to be mapped it either must have a piggy-back (could easily give you +30hp) or a standalone ecu (usually needed for hard-core engines). The standard ones are not reprogramable.

A good place to start will be to have a look at the ecu thats on there now. Standing at the back of the car, open the boot and pull down the interior carpet on the left hand side of the back wall (engine-boot firewall).

Is it a toyata one? maybe look for some cutting/splicing of the harness at the ecu connectors - might be an indication of something removed.
Ian Geary

Post by Ian Geary »

I've heard alloy valve caps can add 20bh/p easily ?

...put's down copy of Max Power...
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Some Rev3 have been on dynos producing as much as 260-265 bhp in standard forum. I suspect MrT was being a bit conservative when he have the power output of the Rev3s as 245ps or 240bhp.

Return to “Electrical”