Mk1 Caliper repaire kit

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

richyrask

Mk1 Caliper repaire kit

Post by richyrask »

Hi All

I have a scrap Mk1 which I use as a source of spares for my pride and joy and have removed the calipers from the scrap car with the intention of reconditioning them before fitting to my good car. These calipers are very tired and require piston seals and slide bushing seals, basically every seal,bush and dust seal requires replacement. The plan is to strip them, bead blast the bodies then rebuild.

My question is where is the best place to get this kit from, what price am I looking at and do all the seals and bushes come in the kit. Also do I require any special tools. I know you sometimes need the piston rewind tool but have no problem knocking up one of them, is there any others I require.

Thanks in advance. Rich
crazylegs

Re: Mk1 Caliper repaire kit

Post by crazylegs »

no special tools required but the piston winder does help a lot.I did some a while back and got the kits from Mr T they were v. expensive,i mean v. bloody expensive.cant remember how much but i came over all faint! the kits contain all the rubber boots seals etc and are good.remember though you have to buy two. if you can find out how to get the silver end bit off ,the bit where it pivots let me know.large hammers and various grips only managed to dent mine.
jimi

Re: Mk1 Caliper repaire kit

Post by jimi »

Try this place they are pretty good
http://www.brakesinternational.co.uk/
Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Return to “Mechanical”