300 BHP +

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mark nadin

300 BHP +

Post by mark nadin »

Not knowing a great deal about engine rebuilds etc myself i was wondering how to get 300 bhp + :P What components would be required were to get them from and most importantly a good garage some where near staffordshire to get them fitted sorry about all the questions but i thought someone among you would know :wink:
shafster

Re: 300 BHP +

Post by shafster »

depends what year your mr2 is. you need to do the basics firstly and then move up with a few more mods.

i would suggest:

1. exhaust
2. decat
3. induction kit
4. increase boost with an electronic boost controller
5. chargecooler
6. ecu upgrade

in terms of engine work, i use powerhouse in derby which is about 40 miles from stoke (i work there)
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

As Shaf says depends on year.

If its a Rev3 you've got the advantage of a CT20, which can cope better with raised boost levels.

For Rev3,

Exhaust + De-cat
Induction kit (contentious issue)
Bit more boost (via electronic or manual boost controller)
Water injection and a good intercooler
FCD

That should see 300 or as near as damn it!

For Rev1/2 you may need to get a hybrid turbo too, I'm struggling at 1.0bar the boost controller is working at 90% duty to maintain 1.0Bar!

Keep an eye on your fuelling though much more than 300 and you'll be pushing the injectors really hard.........they love it really!

Cant wait for the GT28rs :lol:
Stevef

Post by Stevef »

Shaf ? any further ahead with the new motor ?

Return to “Modifications”