whats my mr2 worth?

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

scotiamr2t

whats my mr2 worth?

Post by scotiamr2t »

well due to rather sudden and unfortunate circumstances, more than likely going to have to sell my pride and joy! :cry: :cry: :cry:

i have a figure in mind, but just need others thoughts on it first. basic but relevant info about the car below:

1994 M reg
1 jap owner, 1 UK owner (me obviously)
39,500 miles
astral black

has been rather heavily modified so probably only appeals to a narrow market :(

some pics below, and to save me writing out the full spec see my garage for tht.

pics in japan before imported

so voice your opinions folks, need fellow imoc'ers opinions. breaking my heart to sell her but there are more important things in life than a car, and the time has come for these to take presedence :(
steve b

Re: whats my mr2 worth?

Post by steve b »

Good luck with the sale, fantastic looking & spec'd car. But as you are aware mods don't add value except to a very limited audience. I'd say £5500 for it to sell overnight, or £7000 if you are prepared to wait for the right buyer.
scotiamr2t

Post by scotiamr2t »

mmmmm, see thats the thing.

its a catch 22 situation, needs to go pretty quick, but after all the work and time i've put into the car im certainly not going to give it away and at 5.5k thats what i'd be doing considering the buyer would get every standard part that came off the car aswell.

think i'd rather suffer (which'll happen if i keep it), than sell it for 5.5k as thats criminal!

around the 7.5k mark is what i'd advertise it at, at that i'd get the car fully serviced and prfessionally detailed etc for the buyer. i'd ratehr sell to a fellow mr2 enthusiast aswell as i clouldn't bare to see some little NED drive it away :(
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

KEEP THOSE WHEELS!!!!!!!!!! Put them on your next car or if you eventually get another 2!

Sell it for 6k with the stock alloys on IMO :)

Alex
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Whats it worth posts go in for sale. Am moving this there.
scotiamr2t

Post by scotiamr2t »

2Crooky wrote:KEEP THOSE WHEELS!!!!!!!!!! Put them on your next car or if you eventually get another 2!

Sell it for 6k with the stock alloys on IMO :)

Alex

if it doesn't sell quick i may well transfer it closer to stock and keep some bits.

as once things settle down in my life and get back to normal i WILL be getting another mr2.
2Crooky

Post by 2Crooky »

If oyu dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for the alloys?????????

Me likes =P~

Alex
scotiamr2t

Post by scotiamr2t »

the wheels were my favourite cosmetic purchase, they also weigh far less than my daily drivers 15" wheels.

as for prices, your talking £450 per wheel for the fronts, and £560 per wheel for the rears! and thats without tires.

so in total without tires, it was around 2k! (£2100 inc p+p i was im sure)

Return to “MR2s for Sale”