Rare grey Mk1.5 with rev 2 engine for sale

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ohms

Rare grey Mk1.5 with rev 2 engine for sale

Post by ohms »

Hi All,

I am offering for sale my 1988 grey 1.5, the conversion was completed by Paul Woods of Twobrutal fame earlier in the year and is utterly fantastic. Here's a link to the build history and start up vid...

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1496

http://www.twobrutal.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2286

The car itself is in excellent condition, but does suffer from the usual rear arch syndrome that plagues all unrestored MK1's. I chose this particular example for the conversion becuase it's a low owner, never crashed excellent all round condition, but also for the fact that it is undoubtedly the best mk1 colour! The engine and gearbox were from a late model front ended rev 2 which came with LSD. The engine prior to install was treated to a complete tidy up as well as new timing belt, huge hybrid turbo, FCD and grainger valve currently running 15psi. A new clutch was also fitted at the time of conversion.

I have been in Australia since April this year and have decided to stay out here indefinitely, so the car has to go. It has been stored in my Fathers garage since I arrived over here and has been driven once monthly since then to keep everything ticking over. The MOT has since lapsed and so has the road tax, and the asking price obviously reflects this. To date the car has cost well in excess of 4K to put together, and this truly is a heartbreak sale. I would love nothing more than to stick it on a ship and send it over here, but due to the need to buy a house etc etc etc, it needs to be cashed in.

I am returning to the UK to sell the car next week. If you are interested or have any questions then please email me : [email protected]

I would like 3K for the car, it's worth every penny and will save the lucky buyer the hassle and exspense of completing a conversion themselves, it weighs just over a ton and condequently at 15psi goes like the absolute clappers. If you want a unique and well sorted Mk1 then look no further, this is the ultimate street sleeper. :mrgreen:
ohms

Re: Rare grey Mk1.5 with rev 2 engine for sale

Post by ohms »

Sorry, you need to register with Tb to read all about the conversion, but if you're interested in the car you'll want to register with TB anyway...it's free by the way! =D>
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: Rare grey Mk1.5 with rev 2 engine for sale

Post by Charged »

where is the car located?
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”