advice on selling my car

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

darkmagi

advice on selling my car

Post by darkmagi »

I am thinking of selling my 2 & i need some advice on the price i should be able to get for it.

Its a 91 t-bar g-ltd import, Its got 81k on the clock & will have a years MOT & 6 months tax.

It is in excellent condition.

The aircon needs regassing & the o/s mirror does not fold in but does fold out & i have been told its a very easy repair.

Its had a clutch fitted to it less than 8 months ago & as the gearbox was sometimes slipping out of 5th gear i was told it would be cheaper to get a 2nd hand one fitted rather than recon the old one, so i bought one from a 94 g-ltd import with 34k on the clock the new box is alot better than the old one ( Very tight ).

The list of thing i have done to it are:

resprayed black not the best of jobs but very nice to look at.
17" wolfrace mantis alloys
g-max lowered springs
pipercross induction kit
autowatch cat 1 remote duel sensor proximity alarm
sport buckets seats with sparco racing harnesses
momo millenium steering wheel with momo hub
steel instrument dials
quick shift gear stick with sparco knob
Sony black active head unit
4x80 watt alpine amp
2 mono 600 watt alpine amps
2 600 watt vib 10" subs in custom sub enclosers
380 watt pioneer 6x9's
6.5" infinty 300 watt door speakers
100 watt tweeters in door
sony 4" 100 watt speakers in rear of car
1x1.5 farad power cap.

I also have all the toyota parts i took of the car to fit the aftermarket gear.

Not sure what i should ask for the car but i would love to sell it all together.

It would be great it someone had a idea what to ask for a quick sale.
benny p

Re: advice on selling my car

Post by benny p »

Hi mate,

After recently selling mine (i cant help on price as mine was a 92 turbo) the best bit of advice is to put your car back to standard (as much as possible anyway). This obviously depends on how much effort and time you have. But i think you will find that a standard one like yours would fetch similar to yours as it is. All the mods and ice will only appeal to a small number of people, the people who dont, wont pay the extra!

This means that you could have the car money and then list all the other goodies on here and ebay and make even more dough 8)

Return to “MR2s for Sale”