Just bought these for the car.....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Nelo

Just bought these for the car.....

Post by Nelo »

These just arrived for the car in time for next year:

And another:

Got them brand new off a person who sold their '2 just after buying them so I managed to get them just over half price! The full kit includes Eibach coil springs on coilover dampers and struts with 24 levels of damping adjustment and there's a bit of height adjustment to play around with as well.

I've wanted to get these for ages now since my friends dad is I the only (I think) authorised agent for Leda over here so i'll be able to use his corner weights for a day or so and try and get the car set up nicely for the track and also for the road i.e. full soft!

Anybody got any tips on setting them up the 2? I've got a fair idea myself but would just like to hear what other peeps think?

Also I know a few guys went in for a GB on these not so long ago, how are people finding the Ledas now a couple of months down the line?

Cheers
Pete
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Just bought these for the car.....

Post by tonigmr2 »

Got them on my SC - personally think the ride quality is second to nothing I've had an any other car... 8)

They are a tight fit on the MK2 though, and you need quite a lot of fiddling to lower the car too by all accounts. If you get stuck though, there's a chap called John Stubbs at Leda who is extremely helpful, he was the chappie who originally sorted out the design of these units for MR2s.

Cheers
Toni
Waldo Dobbs

Post by Waldo Dobbs »

Got any bigger pics, I can't quite make them out... :wink:
JJ

Post by JJ »

More to the point, what your doing with the pheonix power ones ????? :D

Dibs on them first :?: if the price is right driftboy ! :wink:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
jonno

Post by jonno »

Normally I set the rears as hard as they will go, then take half a turn off the front. Then I keep taking turns off the front in 1/4's until i get the balance I want. With my Koni's I try not to have more than 2 turns between the front and rear.

Just experiment :)
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
Nelo

Post by Nelo »

Thanks for the info guys, never thought of resizing the pics sorry! They were just sent to me that way.

JJ you bloody vulture! :) You can have dibs on the Phoenix Power fronts if you want but I must warn you that they're the stiffest things i've ever driven on! Also the postage thing might suck a bit but i'm sure we can work something out if you want them.

Ta for the advice Neil, i'll try messing around with them when I get a chance to fit them. Next thing on my list now is a Kaaz diff and when i'm fitting that I can throw this Fidanza flywheel I have in my bedroom on at the same time!

I'm thinking full soft on the front and full hard on the rear for an ar5e happy drift setup at slow speeds and then harden up the front when you want the car to handle better. Might look into ARBs and poly bushes next.

Cheers
Pete
jonno

Post by jonno »

Nelo 漂&#27 wrote:....Fidanza flywheel I have in my bedroom...

Do you want to explain that bit? No shed? Garage? Or just like the feel of cold aluminium?

:shock:

PS. You can edit posts on these boards - RESIZE THE PICTURES!!!@#
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
Nelo

Post by Nelo »

jonno wrote:
Nelo 漂&#27 wrote:....Fidanza flywheel I have in my bedroom...

Do you want to explain that bit? No shed? Garage? Or just like the feel of cold aluminium?

:shock:

I do have a shed but I don't wanna leave the poor flywheel out in the cold! There'll be cats and stuff probably pi55ing on it... mad cats!!

jonno wrote:
PS. You can edit posts on these boards - RESIZE THE PICTURES!!!@#

Na I couldn't be ar5ed, that means i've to resize them, save them, re-upload them to my server, edit my post......... bah too much hard work!!!
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

More to the point, what your doing with the pheonix power ones ?????

lol who's the vulture boy now :wink: :lol:

Return to “Modifications”