TOTB V - Hour Long Video!

Your videos from MR2 events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rogue

TOTB V - Hour Long Video!

Post by Rogue »

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 287&q=totb

Skip ahead to 45:30 to see Andrew Standring's MR2 take apart a Nissan Skyline. :twisted:

Rogue
michael

Re: TOTB V - Hour Long Video!

Post by michael »

Rogue wrote:http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?doc ... 287&q=totb

Skip ahead to 45:30 to see Andrew Standring's MR2 take apart a Nissan Skyline. :twisted:

Rogue

Patrick, there is more to life than Andrew Standring, seriously.
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

michael wrote:Patrick, there is more to life than Andrew Standring, seriously.

I'm not pointing out Andrew's car because we sponsored it, but because it was the fastest MR2 of the day. Given the criticism the IMOC-UK TOTB team has recieved since the event - like the guy on the Skyline forum who said that MR2s shouldn't even be there - it seemed appropriate to highlight it. It's also the only clip I could find where an MR2 beats a quarter mile opponent.

Patrick
jonno

Post by jonno »

Maybe they should drop the handling circuit all together :)
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

jonno wrote:Maybe they should drop the handling circuit all together :)

...and the high speed run?

The main focus of TOTB has always been the quarter mile, there's no point pretending otherwise. Handling circuit figures are meaningless to anyone who's never been on there because there's nothing to compare it to in the real world - whereas a quarter mile is a quarter mile. You can take these results and compare them directly to your own car.

That said, we identified the handling circuit as the event where an MR2 could shine and made that the focus of Mike JC's car - to the detriment of his quarter mile time.

You may have overlooked the suggestion I made that the handling circuit should be made up of two circuits side-by-side where cars race each other Autocross style. Not only would this double the capacity and halve the waiting times, but would illustrate some of the giant killing abilities of the none skyline / evo / imprezas. I think it would elevate the status of this discipline.

So to clarify my previous statement, Andrew Standring was the fastest quarter mile MR2 of the day, Nick McCann was the fastest top speed Mr2 of the day and Neil Johnson was the fastest handling MR2 of the day.

Patrick
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

patrick,

what was the top speed of the said mr2?
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Richard Powell wrote:what was the top speed of the said mr2?

Nick managed a whopping 161.1mph. See the results thread in the "Past Events" section for all of the results.

Patrick
jonno

Post by jonno »

Rogue wrote:
Richard Powell wrote:what was the top speed of the said mr2?

Nick managed a whopping 161.1mph. See the results thread in the "Past Events" section for all of the results.

Patrick

Well, indeed, it does make you wonder why they bother running anything other than the 1/4!

I think maybe its time I took myself along to Santa Pod and forced myself to learn "launching" :(

161.1mph is insanely fast in an MR2 though - rather him than me!

Neil.
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

jonno wrote:
161.1mph is insanely fast in an MR2 though - rather him than me!

Neil.

:lol: Especially when your two front undertrays blow off at 150 and fold up under the car :shock:

Actually, that was my 157 mph run, the trays had been removed when I did the 161.1

I reckon the top speed will be down now as I've just swapped 235/40 for 245/35...

Nick
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Rogue wrote:
You may have overlooked the suggestion I made that the handling circuit should be made up of two circuits side-by-side where cars race each other Autocross style. Not only would this double the capacity and halve the waiting times, but would illustrate some of the giant killing abilities of the none skyline / evo / imprezas. I think it would elevate the status of this discipline.

Erm and have one lose control and possibly take out the other car????

Thats just dangerous!
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

ENSMR2 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Thats just dangerous!

Given the size of the area I'm pretty sure that you could have the track and cars far enough apart to avoid such a thing happening ;)

Mikejc
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Mikejc wrote:
ENSMR2 wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Thats just dangerous!

Given the size of the area I'm pretty sure that you could have the track and cars far enough apart to avoid such a thing happening ;)

Mikejc

The way I saw some cars spin off, it'd still be a big risk man!

A pretty close race side by side and one on the inside takes a bend too hot a whoosh , they fly over........

I would imagine the risk would be too high for the event organisers anyway.
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

ENSMR2 wrote:

A pretty close race side by side and one on the inside takes a bend too hot a whoosh , they fly over........

I think Patrick means having two completely separate circuits, not two lanes running parallel to each other - now that would be interesting at the crossover...

You could put the circuits 100m apart or more. Funnily enough I had this same thought on the day - would have cut right down on the queue time.

Nick
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

FreeFall wrote:
ENSMR2 wrote:

I think Patrick means having two completely separate circuits, not two lanes running parallel to each other - now that would be interesting at the crossover...

You could put the circuits 100m apart or more. Funnily enough I had this same thought on the day - would have cut right down on the queue time.

Nick

i know its a bit more 'organised' but the wrc do it!

Return to “Event Videos”