NA passing off as tubbys???

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Taz007

Re: NA passing off as tubbys???

Post by Taz007 »

gtschris.com wrote:turbo "look a likes" give the tubby a bad name when they get beat in a race! the MR2's got to struggle enough with its hairdress image due to some gimp at toyota Uk deciding the turbo model was not suitable for Uk sale :x

surely that woulda been a kick in the teeth - i mean y not have the turbo for all the performance enthusiasts in uk!? must boost sales in some way
gtschris.com

Post by gtschris.com »

Taz007 wrote:
gtschris.com wrote:turbo "look a likes" give the tubby a bad name when they get beat in a race! the MR2's got to struggle enough with its hairdress image due to some gimp at toyota Uk deciding the turbo model was not suitable for Uk sale :x

surely that woulda been a kick in the teeth - i mean y not have the turbo for all the performance enthusiasts in uk!? must boost sales in some way

dont understand your point fella?
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103
JUIC'IN

Post by JUIC'IN »

What an incredile waste of time post this is........ :roll:
Pete J

Post by Pete J »

tomo wrote:Like this chavtastic beemer!!

:D :D :D

WTF!!

Ah man... thats sick :lol: :lol:
tomo

Post by tomo »

Yeah, like Taz said, it was probably a half decent car before it was attacked with a tack brush! Never mind, each to his own and all that. :?
steve b

Post by steve b »

so, so sad trying to pass n/a's off as turbos.

But, :roll: :roll: is it ok to pass my turbo off like a n/a :)

'cause i do :D
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
craig

Post by craig »

hahaha.

I know what you're saying! I put the turbo engine lid on my 3SFE because I prefered it 8)

I would never go around saying it was a turbo when it clearly wasn't....

.......I can now though! :lol:
pizza boy

Post by pizza boy »

Ive taken my Turbo de-cals off. I should start a thread stating "Turbos pretending to be NA's" :lol:

I did it for the hell of it. Total standard exterior wheels etc..just two heavy zorst burn marks on my rear bumper indicating to any inquisitive eye that something is afoot and all is not as it seems.
gtschris.com

Post by gtschris.com »

pizza boy wrote:Ive taken my Turbo de-cals off. I should start a thread stating "Turbos pretending to be NA's" :lol:

I did it for the hell of it. Total standard exterior wheels etc..just two heavy zorst burn marks on my rear bumper indicating to any inquisitive eye that something is afoot and all is not as it seems.

when i get my paint work done i am getting my side strips colour code so will loose the "twin cam turbo"

got put a very small sticker on the back bumper just saying "not normal"
:D

www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

gtschris.com wrote:
pizza boy wrote:Ive taken my Turbo de-cals off. I should start a thread stating "Turbos pretending to be NA's" :lol:

when i get my paint work done i am getting my side strips colour code so will loose the "twin cam turbo"

got put a very small sticker on the back bumper just saying "not normal"
:D

quality!!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
steve b

Post by steve b »

LOL very good, my only give away is the Apexi single exit pipe :D
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

:) u got me there jim with my car there is a flat lid to fool the odd turbo drive
steve b

Post by steve b »

JAP BOY wrote::) u got me there jim with my car there is a flat lid to fool the odd turbo drive

yeah but do you also have GTi-16 on the boot lid, uk spec bumper and Uk n/a lid :D

JAP BOY

Post by JAP BOY »

Ive got the uk style flat engine lid and gti 16valve on the boot but beneath lurks a 250bhp monster!
Sos no uk rear bumper as my vs kit is now on
pizza boy

Post by pizza boy »

Haha...its much more fun to race people in a stealth motor. They often drive off in thier evo/scoob/M3 etc thinkin thier motor must be broke to be outrun by a "standard" mr2. Quality! :lol:

Bah the evo is also becomin a chav chariot up in Glasgow too. A favorite with the local drug peddlers. Damn shame.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”