THE MK1 IS NEARING COMPLETION !!!!!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Tony jinxy froude

THE MK1 IS NEARING COMPLETION !!!!!!

Post by Tony jinxy froude »

This is the mk1 that has caused many headaches, but is now nearly ready for sale, this has had so much work done on it since we aquired it thats its barely recognisable from the car we originally bought, its also had loads spent on it, so if you know anyone thats looking to get into MK1 ownership then this will be the car for them, contact either Crazylegs or myself, cheers, Jinxy
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: THE MK1 IS NEARING COMPLETION !!!!!!

Post by Lauren »

Thats quite rare an early MK1 in white.

I notice its missing the front lip spoiler though.

Also has side skirts and later wheels. Is the rear bumper black or has that been colour coded? The car looks a bit of a mish-mash between A and B revisions, i'm guessing its previous owners that have done this.

I'm getting into my early MK1s since picking up a similar 86 car in red. So far i've removed the sideskirts and want to get rid of the late type engine lid and hopefully in the next month un-colour code it and return the bumpers to black and get the original black side strip on.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

nice job tony,ive got an early front lip spoiler you can have if you want it,not in the best of condition but better than nowt.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

cheers paul have a word with jinxy as its at his house.as for the side skirts and wheels i think this is how it was intended.i think it is a mix of old and new because it was made at the change over point between styles.i`m sure theres an authority out there who knows what they are talking about who could confirm this.i dont know you see i have had four mk1as three without skirts and one with.all were supposed to be original.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

if you want rare lauren i have a white mk1a outside my house registered march 85.a bit of a dent,well quite a large dent, but soon to be back. 70k on the clock,magnex ,unichip and fensport engine .done 2k since the engine replacement and chip.any offers?
Tony jinxy froude

I must admit i never noticed the front lip ???, but being a late mk1 owner i guess i can be excused ...... Kevin on the other hand..........!!, the rear bumper appears to be original and is colour coded and the side skirts seem to belong to the car from new as all the bolt holes line up and seem to be factory fitted, this must be a late early spec if this makes sense :D, air filter in the engine bay, early interior, since we have had it its had, replacement engine bay wiring harness, ECU, the smoothest gear box ive ever felt has been fitted, various replacement relays, nearly new discs all round, repaired arches, new oil change, filter change, cam belt change, new plugs, rotor arm & cap also replacement distributor & leads, replacement map sensor & engine temp sensor along with replacement rear brake calipers & working handbrake, replacement sun roof, new rear exhaust box, replacement front slam panel, replacement front bonnet badge,replacement TPS, new front bumper" TOYOTA" transfer & replacement bonnet, air filter, coolant flush and new anti-freeze & bleed plus lots of other bits that ive forgotten but Kevin will no doubt add to, so as you can see we have spent ages getting this car right so this really deserves to go to someone who is looking to get into the wonderful world of MK1 ownership as most of the hard work has already been done, Jinxy
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

the early cars had sideskirts too,it was only the very early B plate cars that came naked.
crazylegs

Post by crazylegs »

thanks paul i thought i was right,i had a late B with skirts so they must have appeared at the end of 85.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Paul Woods wrote:the early cars had sideskirts too,it was only the very early B plate cars that came naked.

I did wonder about that. As my 86 car has the sideskirts and once i removed them you can see the factory type holes in the sills.

Mark's old 85 car didn't have them and neither did Alan Head's 86 car so i'm wondering if they were an option?

I've opted to bin my sideskirts as i prefer the look of the car without.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

crazylegs wrote:if you want rare lauren i have a white mk1a outside my house registered march 85.a bit of a dent,well quite a large dent, but soon to be back. 70k on the clock,magnex ,unichip and fensport engine .done 2k since the engine replacement and chip.any offers?

I think i've already got enough MK1s to contend with at the moment.

Am trying to concentrate on breaking my SC and getting the 86 car up and running.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Lauren wrote:I've opted to bin my sideskirts as i prefer the look of the car without.

Same here,much prefer the look of them without the skirts,this is the style im going for on the V6,even if it is a late spec shell.
Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm

Post by Chris \'aka rustboy\' Amm »

Paul Woods wrote:the early cars had sideskirts too,it was only the very early B plate cars that came naked.

My old B plater was kit-less, made it look higher mind :)
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

no mate,yours did have the skirts but they rotted off years ago.... lol :lol:
ENSMR2

Post by ENSMR2 »

Tony : how much is it gonna go up for?
Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve

Post by Mk1 Turbo Powered Steve »

Hi Tony,i might be up for it,depends on how much!
I sold my na to Lauren and really miss it,i bought a Honda Accord,to get me by but i am bored of it!
Tony jinxy froude

Hi Guys, thanks for showing an interest, Kev & i still have a few small jobs to do on it then its down to the M.O.T man for his nod of approval, once this has been done we can work out how much this project has cost us and then come up with a realistic sale price, this will be in the early new year, we will resurect this thread with all the details when the time comes, cheers, Jinxy

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”