the dreaded mr2 head unit wiring question!!!!

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

baz995

the dreaded mr2 head unit wiring question!!!!

Post by baz995 »

the previous owner had by passed the factory set up and cut all the wires thereby running the speakers straight from the head unit, i won the autoleads adaptor cheap on eBay and was hoping to return the system to normal as i have the 2 sub setup.

problems........

i cant find a decent diagram for the 2 sub setup, i have the bgb but seems to be only for single sub.

the two main grey looms in the car are confusing, i have mated up one with the autoleads adaptor, but the other has a red, green, black and a white lead. i cant find them on the diagram!

i am sure the pink and blue is for the amp, is the stereo amp in the diagram factory(under or in the head unit) or the amp behind the seats as i have 2!?!

i dont have the aerial fitted post rev5 wing on rev2 and bodyshop decided to weld and spray the aerial hole up, would the aerial being missing stop the amps working!

any help would be great
Neil Clark

Re: the dreaded mr2 head unit wiring question!!!!

Post by Neil Clark »

Think the amps are underneath the seatbelts behind the panels in the back, one on each side. When i got my mr2 so sap had cut all my wires and i had to rejoin them all!, some people.....
BenF
Premium Member

Re: the dreaded mr2 head unit wiring question!!!!

Post by BenF »

Here you go :

http://www.btinternet.com/~netsurf/mr2t ... reo_wiring

That should sort you out.
baz995

cheers

Post by baz995 »

Cheers mate, as i have no aerial fitted do you think i should jury rig a short on the aerial plug?
Passengers Travel At Their Own Risk
www.jimjamphotography.co.uk
come and have a look and leave some feedback :-)

Return to “ICE and Security”