Ring around ignition lock

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ne0

Ring around ignition lock

Post by Ne0 »

Hi everybody!

I was just wondering my MR2 had no light ring around my ignition lock. It is a '99 N/A. Does anybody know the part number of this thing? I want to order it, but my local dealer can't help without number.... :roll:
Vindezal

Re: Ring around ignition lock

Post by Vindezal »

ive never never never heard this before.i though they all light up.??

It probably looks the same behind it like the back of the cigar lighter, an LED in a case making it light. :P

Wild stab in the dark... is it just a UK thing again??
Ne0

Post by Ne0 »

Nope, I think all 2's that were made after 1996 do not have this ring. Here's a pic of a 1990 MR2:

The ring around the cigar lighter was removed when installing the S2000 startbutton.

[edit]Well, I just read the ring is missing because the transponder of the engine immobilizer is integrated. There is no space left, not even for a single bulb :cry:[/edit]
Vindezal

Post by Vindezal »

yes confirmation: UK models what ive seen on a rev4+ dont have aluminated ring. mines green whys ure pic blue? change led?
Ne0

Post by Ne0 »

Usually it's green, that's correct. Unfortunately it's not my interior on the pic. Yes, a blue LED has been installed instead of that green illumination. Looks great IMHO.
jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

Ne0 wrote:Usually it's green, that's correct. Unfortunately it's not my interior on the pic. Yes, a blue LED has been installed instead of that green illumination. Looks great IMHO.

is it mine, lol??

Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Ne0 wrote:Nope, I think all 2's that were made after 1996 do not have this ring. Here's a pic of a 1990 MR2:

The ring around the cigar lighter was removed when installing the S2000 startbutton.

[edit]Well, I just read the ring is missing because the transponder of the engine immobilizer is integrated. There is no space left, not even for a single bulb :cry:[/edit]

bu88er!! That's why I don't have one then. DOH #-o

If you figure it out, could you let me know pls, cheers matey........ :wink:

Return to “Electrical”