My Jap beast VS 4X4

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dudeone

My Jap beast VS 4X4

Post by dudeone »

On my way to work this morning in my Jap beast , I was travelling through the estate as usual when I saw this fast approaching vehicle in my rear view which by the head lights must be a 4X4, it gets behind me and dogs me as I head through the houses while in the 30 zone.

Once we brake free of the 30 zone we have a few hundred yards of road till we get to a T junction, it’s a bit snaky and on the bend I make some headway but then have to brake for the junction.

We both turn right and head to the next round about which is around 100 metres so not much chance of any fun, we both signal left onto the dual carriage way and we nail it, the dual carriage way is about 1.5 miles long till the next round about, so I get a lot better set of and move a few car lengths ahead, which takes us to a sharpish left bend and he looses more ground, once where on the strait he starts catching me up and I am pushing as hard as I can.

We get a mile down this road and he is now on my bumper, I pull into the left lane and he actually starts pulling ahead OMG we have half a mile or so left till we get to the roundabout, a hundred meters from the roundabout he is in front and swings into my lane sticks his left indicator on and slams on the brakes, I then switch lanes as im going the other way.

So I get a look at the 4X4 and it’s a Suzuki Jimmy!!!! :? :shock:
So what engines are in these beast’s? as this one moved!!!!!
michael

Re: My Jap beast VS 4X4

Post by michael »

Sometimes it's best to keep these things quiet.

The Jimny has a mighty 1.3 litre with around 80bhp and 77lb/ft of tarmac tearing torque - with those kind of figure on hand it's little wonder he kept up..... :oops:

Either your car is VERY ill or he has swapped the engine in the Jimny.
dudeone

Jap

Post by dudeone »

OK,

So the truth of the matter is wait for it:

I went to work in my 1988 Jap Micra 1.0 with a slipping clutch

:lol: :lol: :lol:
michael

Re: My Jap beast VS 4X4

Post by michael »

:roll:

Return to “Driving Experiences”