Not really an event but...

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Shmed

Not really an event but...

Post by Shmed »

...a couple of my mates and myself are planning a trip to the Nurburgring in May (probably Whitsun week). They're both in Mk1 Astras and was wondering if anyone from here is planning a similar trip?
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
vashy

Re: Not really an event but...

Post by vashy »

mk1 Astras, are they going to make it? (;
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

I know what you mean, both 1983-84 as well, but they both have fully rebuilt engines, one's a turbo and has only done 30,000 niles from new.

Just going for the crack really, see how they fare against a proper sports car!!
January 2014

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Ben F is looking to organise a trip in May/June time, its in the motorsport section.

If you haven't already booked it may be worth joining the crowd for that trip.
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Paul 'Shmed' Medway wrote:...a couple of my mates and myself are planning a trip to the Nurburgring in May (probably Whitsun week). They're both in Mk1 Astras and was wondering if anyone from here is planning a similar trip?

Hi Paul,

I'm plotting a trip later in June early July, with over 10 people here interesting in going.

At the moment, the opening times for 2005 have yet to be published - until it is available, you won't know which weekends and evenings the circuit is acutally open.

The dates are usually published around the end of February, so give it a few more weeks and we can start to firm things up....
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

Sounds good. We were aiming for first week in June, but GP is on 28/5 so will have to see if it is open.
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...

Return to “Past Events”