Stereo Wiring

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Fletch

Stereo Wiring

Post by Fletch »

Hi Everyone,
I have just brought a mr2 rev 3 uk car and i am abit unsure about the stereo wiring. I have searched through the site and found that mine should just need a PC9-411 iso connector as it has active speakers, subs behind each seat. I have just taken my standard head unit out and found the following wires.
but i had a look on ebay and spoke to a stereo shop and they said there should be wires which go in pre amp slots in the back of the new headunits, like the iso connector below shows
Any ideas anyone, do i need a different iso connector?the white connector looks like it should fit the iso connector in the second picutre.

Cheers, Craig
craigodlin

Re: Stereo Wiring

Post by craigodlin »

from those wires it looks like the active speaker system has been removed maybe?? that plug is the standard stereo plug that doesnt have the premium sound system
Stephen M

Post by Stephen M »

I think you have the correct connector there. It looks like the normal 15 pin premium harness.

The black plug on the adapter is an ISO-A power plug. It carries switched power, constant power, ground, illumination, and aerial leads, as shown here:

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/iso.asp

The ISO-A plug *may* plug right in to your aftermarket head unit. Some decks use their own proprietary connector for those leads, though, in which case you'd just snip off the ISO-A and splice in the connector that came with your deck.

Hope this helps,
-Stephen M
dalord

Post by dalord »

The ISO-A plug *may* plug right in to your aftermarket head unit. Some decks use their own proprietary connector for those leads, though, in which case you'd just snip off the ISO-A and splice in the connector that came with your deck.

If it doesn't the you can easily get a kenwood/pioneer/alpine etc to iso connector then plug in the iso-a into the power side (it will only fit one side) and the phono plugs into the back of the stereo. The amp remote wire must also be connected, otherwise everything will work but without sound.

Silly me forgot about the amp remote first time round and after 6 hours finally got it sorted ](*,)

Also this page may help: http://stephenmason.com/cars/mr2pc9406.html#overview :D

Return to “ICE and Security”