just almost died..what caused it?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

veilside_mr2

just almost died..what caused it?

Post by veilside_mr2 »

hi,

was driving down the dual carriageway..doing about 40-50ish..started slowing for the roundabout..and as i braked i felt the car try and stop more than it should..then the back wheels just locked up and made the car spin thru 360 degrees.

was lucky not to hit anything and that no1 hit me, then the car wouldnt hardly move...as if the wheels were stuck.

aa came out and took me back...but wheels were still jammed. They dont think its the brakes, as there is no sign of them locking up and they should free up neways after knocking them supposedly.
but i did have my gearbox changed yesterday, as my last one seized up, they think it may be that...but it still goes into gear ok..just doesnt want to move..weird.

any ideas please as im very very annoyed and it scared the sh*t outa me.

thanks.

p.s it was a second hand gearbox.
V8Killer

Re: just almost died..what caused it?

Post by V8Killer »

veilside_mr2 wrote:hi,

was driving down the dual carriageway..doing about 40-50ish..started slowing for the roundabout..and as i braked i felt the car try and stop more than it should..then the back wheels just locked up and made the car spin thru 360 degrees.

was lucky not to hit anything and that no1 hit me, then the car wouldnt hardly move...as if the wheels were stuck.

aa came out and took me back...but wheels were still jammed. They dont think its the brakes, as there is no sign of them locking up and they should free up neways after knocking them supposedly.
but i did have my gearbox changed yesterday, as my last one seized up, they think it may be that...but it still goes into gear ok..just doesnt want to move..weird.

any ideas please as im very very annoyed and it scared the sh*t outa me.

thanks.

p.s it was a second hand gearbox.

Maybe MR2Mania can comment. He had a similar issue on the M25 IIRC :shock: . Turned out to be a loose nut of the diff or something!!!
M5
veilside_mr2

Post by veilside_mr2 »

a loose nut in the diff? :?

i really do think its gearbox related...this is so annoying..yet more money im gonna hav to spend :(
tony2311

Post by tony2311 »

i think he means a loose nut in the diff jaming the diff from working, just take it back to who ever fitted the gearbox as they have fitted it wrong somewhere or something loose has jam the gearbox

Return to “Mechanical”