www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
Can you get the MK3 MR2 as a turbo?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekona

Feedback Score: 0

2004 BMW 6 Series

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

All the Hass kits I know of have a GT28*something* turbo on them (GT28R for all the ones in the UK that I'm aware of, for example), or does the GT-25 series number not relate directly to that code?
Slacey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

ekona wrote:
All the Hass kits I know of have a GT28*something* turbo on them (GT28R for all the ones in the UK that I'm aware of, for example), or does the GT-25 series number not relate directly to that code?

See this post from SC, the GT28R is known officially as the GT2560R - http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=28114&highlight=gt28r
aaronjb

2002 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Slacey wrote:
ekona wrote:

See this post from SC, the GT28R is known officially as the GT2560R - http://www.spyderchat.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=28114&highlight=gt28r

You've got to love Garrett and their fantasmical naming scheme..
Rogue

Feedback Score: 14

2000 Toyota MR2 Mk3 Roadster V6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

To answer the original question... I've heard rumours that you actually can buy a factory MR-S turbo in Japan. Apparently a limited run was produced to mark the end of the model with the turbo kit also available as a dealer fit option once the factory cars were sold.

I've yet to see any evidence of this though... I can't find any on Toyota Japan's product page:

[url]http://toyota.jp/mr-s/[/url]

Rumours eh? [Wink]

Rogue
markiii

Feedback Score: 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

your right Patrick.

we've benn discussing it on ROC for a while.

Toyota Japan are releasing a limited number of cars with the TTE Turbo fitted, and a few other special bits, Bilsteins, TTE trim kits, slightly revised dashboard e,t,c

They will be available in Japan only and the through a very limited number of Netz Dealers.

I have this direct from TTE.

full story is here

http://www.mr2roc.org/subdreamer/index.php?categoryid=11&p2_articleid=49

I think you can read it without registering
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: