lowest priced re spray

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

The Morris

lowest priced re spray

Post by The Morris »

Whats the lowest anybody has paid for a full respray including the cost of paint and VAT. No mates rates aloud and did it include removal of all parts.

The cheapest ive found is £1200 + paint + VAT
RedDan

Re: lowest priced re spray

Post by RedDan »

What colour/paint are you looking to do it? Price depends quite on the paint
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Price also depends on what quality job you want! Painters never charge to add hair, dust, overspray etc. They also never charge to skip on preparation, imprecise masking up...

Need i say more?? The cheapest job you can find, will indeed satisfy your wallet and that will be it. Visit the painters in your area - check out their jobs awaiting collection. Are they insurance approved? Do they have high value cars in as opposed to old nails being tarted up....
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

We did ours ourselves (my dad and me). Cost = £75 worth of two pack, thinners etc and way too much prep work.

Finish isn't too bad (bit dry here and there), but it will need some polishing once we eventually get round to it. Not bad for an IT techy and a mechanic, spraying in a garage with a cheap gun and a 20 year old compressor designed for impact drills and airguns (seriously, it's about 6 foot high!) :lol:

No, really, get it done properly.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

had a cheap quote from what i believe is a reliable MR2 owner so look like using him. Jusy cant decide or grey or orange :D
MegatronUK

Post by MegatronUK »

The Morris wrote:Jusy cant decide or grey or orange :D

:shock:
RedDan

Post by RedDan »

i agree with peter always check a couple of cars they have done. if not for the money you have shelled out getting it done, then for the money it will cost to put right!!
shafster

Post by shafster »

is that an engine out and including all the inside and out of it?
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

shafster wrote:is that an engine out and including all the inside and out of it?

Just ordering the kit today. no its not engine out, im not bothered about that bit as lond as the rest of the bits come off and theres no masking.

Orange here we come :D

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”