2 problems - HELP

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Kezza_2Turbo

2 problems - HELP

Post by Kezza_2Turbo »

Hey all.

Two new problems with my tubby - god I love these cars!! lol

1st - My central locking has stopped working and hence my remote central locking has also stopped working. The door lock button on the drivers panel doesn't work either - any suggestions - this happened a few weeks back but sorted itself?!?!?

2nd - The car sits at the middle heat level until I put my foot down then the guage shoots up (well not shoots - but moves) until I slow down again and it settles back to the normal position - any ideas what this could be - only started doing it today!!! I think the car might be slightly low on oil - could this do it??

Cheers in advance
Jonty

Re: 2 problems - HELP

Post by Jonty »

Good evening Sire...

The door locking thing could be a loose connection perhaps, especially if you've experienced it before, it went away, it came back... Never had the problem myself so if I'm honest I'm not sure what you could try. *I* would probably remove the driver's control panel (from the door I mean) and make sure all the connections are sound. I don't think it could be a fuse to be honest.

As for the temperature thing, hmmm... normally when you're moving a higher reading temp gauge would drop because of the flow of air and increased cooling. If it rises during motion then it's suggesting things are getting hotter (which they would) when you're in motion... but when you pull up the gauge would go even higher because of the reduced air flow.

Start with the basics -- with your engine cold check the level at the filler cap (rad cap) and top up as necessary. When it's dark, shine a torch at the expansion bottle and check the level by nudging the car.

I assume you're using a mix of ethylene glycol coolant (e.g. Forlife, Halfords own) as opposed to water which will just boil..? Do you have a standard rad cap..? It should say 0.9 bar on it.

Hope this helps for starters.

Regards,

Jonty.
Kezza_2Turbo

RE

Post by Kezza_2Turbo »

Hey there,

Well I haven't had a chance to look at the drivers control panel, but that sounds like a good idea.

Dropped the car into the garage over the weeken - there is a pinpoint hole in the rad and water is "dripping" out when at high pressure!!!

DAMMIT - does anyone know whether RADWELD works on these as the garage said they wouldn't recommend it as the cores are very thin?

if not then its a new rad job!! happy joy joy
ANDY FINDLAY

Re: 2 problems - HELP

Post by ANDY FINDLAY »

make sure your intercoller fan is on perm m8 help keep thinks cooler :P

Return to “Electrical”