[Mk2 SC] Supercharged V6

V6? V8? TDI? Discussion and technical advice for engine transplants inc. 5SFE & 5SGTE builds. Not for N/A to Turbo, or Rev1/2 to 3+ conversions.
Project and build threads welcome.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tubby_tony

Re: [Mk2 SC] Supercharged V6

Post by tubby_tony »

Hi Phil,

Mods are finished and all setup. I was at Thor yesterday getting the AVCR and PowerFC set up. 280bhp at the wheels with 251 ft/lb of torque at 6400 rpm. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

tubby_tony wrote:Hi Phil,

Mods are finished and all setup. I was at Thor yesterday getting the AVCR and PowerFC set up. 280bhp at the wheels with 251 ft/lb of torque at 6400 rpm. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Nice one mate! 8) Great figures.
Jevansio

Post by Jevansio »

We'll can I say that when Phil first told me about the V6 conversion he had planned for his GLtd I was over the moon for him, I was unsure if he'd get the same power gains than if he'd opted for a turbo swap but it was a much more interesting challenge.

After months of blood sweat & tears he got the V6 in and after a test drive I would have put it at about the same as a standard Rev 3 Turbo. When he got the SC fitted I was eager to see what it was like, and today I got the chance, I must say I'm priviledged to be one of the first people in the UK to experience a 3.0L V6 SC MR2.

He told me prior to the test drive that the power delivery was not as 'in-ya-face' as a turbo, but when I went out in it it felt very quick, we pulled over xxxmph between 2 close roundabouts near to where we live, it's decieving how fast you're going.

On the way home I thought I'll see how fast my Rev 3 Modded Turbo (310 bhp) can pull over the same stretch. Well although I never give it 100% (probably about 90%) I only managed yyymph, so based on that I'd just like to congratulate Phil on his superb car, in my opinion it's one of the best in the country, and if you had to judge it on sound alone, it would beat every one without a shadow of a doubt.

Well done Phil for sticking it out with the conversion, I know it's been hard but hell has it been worth it :D,

Jay
Last edited by Jevansio on Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

Damn! I just gotta see her in the flesh one of these days :D

Nice1 m8, will have to make a Northern meet sometime ;)

Si
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

It's not very often I =P~ over someone elses motor but that is just fabulous, I really do appreciate that level of workmanship.

Is this smiley you driving it :mrgreen:

Speaking of bonkers engines in MR2's I got the tape measure out on the 4.3 Lexus VVti V8 today while it was on the engine stand, that should go in with a bit of a shoe horn ;)

Nod.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

THOR-Racing wrote: 4.3 Lexus VVti V8 today while it was on the engine stand, that should go in with a bit of a shoe horn ;)

Nod.

Guy on the Capri forum i go on has just put one of these in his Capri, with fancy ar$ed electric auto gearbox it comes with! can't wait to see it finished!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
[SiG]

Post by [SiG] »

THOR-Racing wrote:Speaking of bonkers engines in MR2's I got the tape measure out on the 4.3 Lexus VVti V8 today while it was on the engine stand, that should go in with a bit of a shoe horn ;)

Nod.

Let's not forget the grease too, or at the very least a good lube :D
Peter Betts

Post by Peter Betts »

[SiG] wrote:Let's not forget the grease too, or at the very least a good lube :D

You need about 8" of extra width which means spaceframing the back end to hang it all off, but it would all fit within the confines of the stock shell.

This is just the sort of project we like to get our teeth into so when the 1UZ (we have one of each 2uz, 3uz) is finished with we may have a bash at this one. Would make an ultimate drag car in 5.0 twin turbo form =P~

I quite fancy this config in a Yaris, that would be a hoot :D

Nod.
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

THOR-Racing wrote:
[SiG] wrote:Let's not forget the grease too, or at the very least a good lube :D

You need about 8" of extra width which means spaceframing the back end to hang it all off, but it would all fit within the confines of the stock shell.

This is just the sort of project we like to get our teeth into so when the 1UZ (we have one of each 2uz, 3uz) is finished with we may have a bash at this one. Would make an ultimate drag car in 5.0 twin turbo form =P~

I quite fancy this config in a Yaris, that would be a hoot :D

Nod.

Nod .... you're crazier than I am! :shock:
ImageImage
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Jevansio wrote:We'll can I say that when Phil first told me about the V6 conversion he had planned for his GLtd I was over the moon for him, I was unsure if he'd get the same power gains than if he'd opted for a turbo swap but it was a much more interesting challenge.

After months of blood sweat & tears he got the V6 in and after a test drive I would have put it at about the same as a standard Rev 3 Turbo. When he got the SC fitted I was eager to see what it was like, and today I got the chance, I must say I'm priviledged to be one of the first people in the UK to experience a 3.0L V6 SC MR2.

He told me prior to the test drive that the power delivery was not as 'in-ya-face' as a turbo, but when I went out in it it felt very quick, we pulled over ***mph between 2 close roundabouts near to where we live, it's decieving how fast you're going.

On the way home I thought I'll see how fast my Rev 3 Modded Turbo (310 bhp) can pull over the same stretch. Well although I never give it 100% (probably about 90%) I only managed ***mph, so based on that I'd just like to congratulate Phil on his superb car, in my opinion it's one of the best in the country, and if you had to judge it on sound alone, it would beat every one without a shadow of a doubt.

Well done Phil for sticking it out with the conversion, I know it's been hard but hell has it been worth it :D,

Jay

Hi Jay, thanks for the kind words.
Last edited by MRV6 on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

[SiG] wrote:Damn! I just gotta see her in the flesh one of these days :D

Nice1 m8, will have to make a Northern meet sometime ;)

Si

Hi Si, yeah would like to meet up sometime mate.

THOR-Racing wrote:It's not very often I =P~ over someone elses motor but that is just fabulous, I really do appreciate that level of workmanship.

Is this smiley you driving it :mrgreen:

Speaking of bonkers engines in MR2's I got the tape measure out on the 4.3 Lexus VVti V8 today while it was on the engine stand, that should go in with a bit of a shoe horn ;)

Nod.

Thanks Nod, I take that as a huge compliment and will pass it on to Stuart the man that is responsible for the work.

That sounds like an awesome project would be some weapon.

Return to “MR2 Engine Swaps”