Just bought my self a flipping new aerial,wont go down!

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Vindezal

Just bought my self a flipping new aerial,wont go down!

Post by Vindezal »

Hi ive just gone to me local scrappy, and bought me self near enough brand new rev5 aerial. I plug it in, aerial goes up, turn car off, aerial stays up!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: i have rev3

This has happened to me with a same year aerial and a rev4 aerial, (once i got one from rogue,) sent that back and they said it was fine!

Im now convinced im doing something wrong or there is a problem with the back of the stereo (alpine). I want to put it down again, its safely in my room now, there are 3 contacts on the plug, anyway of connecting a 12V PSU, to make it go down again.?

Plz Plz help! This aerial is a minter! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Jonty

Re: Just bought my self a flipping new aerial,wont go down!

Post by Jonty »

I guess the problem is either with your head-unit, wiring harness adapter, or the aerial control unit. If the aerial always goes up when you connect/turn on the stereo then that's a good start at least.

With the head-unit on (and the aerial up), pull the connector out of the back of the stereo -- if the aerial stays up then it's not your Alpine unit. You can also try the same by pulling the harness adapter plugs apart (i.e. your adapter and what plugs into the car's own connectors.) Again, if the aerial stays up then it's not your adapter either... and more than likely your aerial's control unit.

Have you also checked for any funnies..? i.e. is the harness adapter something you bought yourself or inherrited..? Has it been butchered by a previous owner..?

Jonts.
Vindezal

Re: Just bought my self a flipping new aerial,wont go down!

Post by Vindezal »

na this aerial is perfect as its 1998 model from the scrap yard. It extends without no notches or winde. I have made it go back down again now by touching the two prongs where it plugs itself into the motor, with a 12v supply.

Yes I have seen circuit diagrams what to do etc.. its behind the unit where MR T wired it in after some w*ankers down IN CAR WORLD OF CHELMSFORD butchered me wireing so it may be 2 wires into one atm, so it could be telling the aerial "enable enable"

Return to “Electrical”