Shifter cable snapped. Can i use turbo one on na?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bear87

Shifter cable snapped. Can i use turbo one on na?

Post by Bear87 »

Hi guys

Was rushing home tonight for delivery of my long awaited fridge to arrive when pop! Had no drive.

So on side of the main road I pulled out the cable in hope I could make a bodge repair to get home. No luck! So bunged the gearbox into 3rd by hand and the clutch took a beating on the way home.

I really need to fix this asap. I have my rev 2 turbo sitting in my garage which I can borrow linkage from but will it fit my rev 1 NA? It's only a temp untill can get a replacement cable.

Thanks in advance
SonicSW20

Re: Shifter cable snapped. Can i use turbo one on na?

Post by SonicSW20 »

They are slightly different lengths. You can modify an NA one to work on a turbo, but I am not sure what it entails, or if you can also do the reverse.
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

Ive got a pair of na ones i was going to fit in my turbo as a stop gap but managed to find some turbo ones.
Pm me an offer and they are yours
Bear87

Post by Bear87 »

markstevieandmads wrote:Ive got a pair of na ones i was going to fit in my turbo as a stop gap but managed to find some turbo ones.
Pm me an offer and they are yours

Thanks Mark your always handy for odd bits! But I got really lucky that a local guy is now full time breaking mr2's and sorted me out next day. Really needed to get them done over weekend so could get to work on Monday!
All sorted now!

Thanks for your help chaps

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”