www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Error code 12 and revs hunting, wonít idle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msherry21

Feedback Score: 0

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: [Mk2] [Turbo] Error code 12 and revs hunting, wonít idle. Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi all, right, Iím getting fed up with this fecking car now!
I have an error code: 12, distributor or wiring issue.

I canít set the a ignition timing due to the revs hunting and refusing to have a steady idle. I have the TE1 and E1 terminals bridged.

All earths/ wires coming from the distributor plug look good and Iíve already replaced the coil/plugs/dizzy cap/ rotor and distributor itself. Leads were replaced maybe 2 years ago.

Iím looking for someone to either come out and help diagnose the actual problem or help fix it or at least lead me to the problem, Iím all out of ideas and itís really just frustrating me now.

Cheers, Michael.
mr2magic

Feedback Score: 1

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I would hazard a guess, that the wiring to the 4 pin dizzy connector has a problem. Remove the connector and have a good look at the wires/contacts. It may be one is frayed.
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I agree with mr2magic I would check all the wiring between the distributor and the ecu first. (Testing is at least free) however i had a similar problem and it was the knock sensor!
Have you checked the capacitors on the ecu? Really common issue.
What rev is the car does it have a amf? That would explain hunting and unusual error codes. I would be happy to come and help anyone but in in Essex its a little way from Glasgow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: