www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [NA] Steel mist grey paint for damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bear87
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1

1992 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: [Mk2] [NA] Steel mist grey paint for damage Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi guys so with my never ending run of bad luck someone hit my rear bumper and has damaged the paint all the way through to the plastic of the bumper. Their note must of blown off of my windscreen......

So this is for my 91 rev 1 glimited. I know the paint code is 187 but is there variations of this? I understand the paint is 27 years old and it will never match but has anyone had any success with online supplier or halfords etc?

Also if anyone has a really good condition bumper in steel mist grey (import square plate style) I may be intrested as the world's biggest fog light is cut into mine.

Thanks
Mullen
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 13

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I found some on ebay. It came in two cans that you apply one over the other and in fairness it's a pretty good match.
Bear87
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

It doesn't have to be perfect as the car is far from paint wise but I would like it respectable.

I did have a look on fleabay but the only one i could find was called blueish grey argentum mica?? Still states paint code 187??
The ebay number is 332488230582

If anyone has the time to have a quick look it would be much appreciated [Pray]
Mullen
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 13

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 NA Rev1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

That's the same kit I bought.
Bear87
Premium Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Mullen wrote:
That's the same kit I bought.

Nice one thanks Mullen I will have to give it a try [thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Mechanical All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: