Mk3 and tall people

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Baker

Mk3 and tall people

Post by Baker »

I have never sat in a mk3 before, but being 6'5"am I likely to fit, leg room, and not have my head popping out the roof too much?
Its fine in the mk2. I know the best way is to try!
Pete J

Re: Mk3 and tall people

Post by Pete J »

Only difference I noticed when going from my MK2 to the Mk3 was that I sit lower in the MK3.. That has to be a good sign, if you are able to drive a MK2 ok :D

(I drive with he seat all the way back on the runners in both)
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

I'm 6ft 2 and fit in OK, no problems with headroom but also have the seat at the back of the runners and fully reclined - the driving position isn't compromised.

No problem with headroom on the soft-top, and with the hard-top there's room for me to wear a helmit without having to worry about bumping the roof as I used to in my old Mk2.

The only odd thing I find is that the rear view mirror is in my line of sight to the left hand side ( eg checking junctions ) but I look 'around' it without thinking about it to check blindspots.
Amebb

ho

Post by Amebb »

I am 6'5" tall..... i can very easily get in to my car - NO problems.... if your still concerned stick to a ford mondeo....

:o
'Honest, seriously, this wont hurt a bit ..... there you go........ 5h1t!!! he's dead!!........ Well, you should'nt have touched my Mr2 !!'
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

That's some quality necroposting going on there, good effort! :thumleft:
SKD

Post by SKD »

I am 6'6" mainly long legs (37" inner leg)
I currently own a MK2 Rev 3 Turbo
I originally tried a facelift MK3 roadster before but found my legs jammed up against the steering wheel so that it obstructed my hands.

Still hanker for a Mk3, has anyone did any modifications in order to fit in more comfortably ?
E.g low bucket seats , aftermarket steering wheel or even just removing the large inner door handle/bar which were part of the problem.

Do pre faclift cars have the same room as facelift or slightly less?
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Ekona wrote:That's some quality necroposting going on there, good effort! :thumleft:

Must be a theme for this thread I guess.

I'm 6'4'' or so. I couldn't fit into a mk3, didn't have enough knees to bend under the steering wheel.
shinny

Post by shinny »

I drove another owner's ZZW30 at JAE a year or two back. I really "got" the appeal of the car, but at 6'4" and long in body, fitting was markedly tighter than an SW20. If I were looking to buy one it would be extremely boarderline on space alone. Of course YMMV.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”