JAPFEST 2018 - IMOC/TWOBRUTAL/MR2 DRIVERS CLUB ATTENDEE LIST/TICKET PURCHASE

Returning for its 3rd year at the home of British Motorsport, Japfest 2018 is at Silverstone! Camping available too! See inside for details

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JAAASH
IMOC Moderator

Re: JAPFEST 2018 - IMOC/TWOBRUTAL/MR2 DRIVERS CLUB ATTENDEE LIST/TICKET PURCHASE

Post by JAAASH »

Scott Barton wrote:
aussieGT wrote:
Angpozzuto wrote:Nearly 80 cars registered and there's still 3 months to go, looks like it's going to be the biggest gathering of mr2s I've seen. Anyone have any idea how many people have bought their tickets?

80 mr2s or a mix of 86's and mr2's?

All MR2'....this is Japfest....not JAE.... :wink:

Haven’t we already done this conversation? :lol: Touch of dementia coming on aussieGT? :wink: :oldtongue:

My MR2 - http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=174494
aussieGT

Re: JAPFEST 2018 - IMOC/TWOBRUTAL/MR2 DRIVERS CLUB ATTENDEE LIST/TICKET PURCHASE

Post by aussieGT »

JAAASH wrote:

Haven’t we already done this conversation? :lol: Touch of dementia coming on aussieGT? :wink: :oldtongue:

Possibly, the sun does bad things to you if you stay out in it too long.

I'm trying to understand why JAE was GT86 time and Japfest is MR2 favoured , 86 are Jap too!
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

aussieGT wrote:
JAAASH wrote:

Possibly, the sun does bad things to you if you stay out in it too long.

I'm trying to understand why JAE was GT86 time and Japfest is MR2 favoured , 86 are Jap too!

JAE is a 3 day show...and we club together with the GT86 crew to pool resources and share costs.
Japfest is a one day show where we attend as a club. The GT86 are still there, but they have their own stand.
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
aussieGT

Post by aussieGT »

Scott Barton wrote:

JAE is a 3 day show...and we club together with the GT86 crew to pool resources and share costs.
Japfest is a one day show where we attend as a club. The GT86 are still there, but they have their own stand.

Fair enough. It's all new to me, thanks for the plain explanation.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

For the one day national shows, we are trying to get the various MR2 clubs together. It's worked really well in previous years. Would be nice to have more Mk1 and Mk3's this year!
mattstratton

Post by mattstratton »

ok so all can slap the newbie but its been nearly 13 years since i last attended Japfest as part of a club and was wondering do the pre meets still happen so everyone turns up at the same time?
Angpozzuto

Post by Angpozzuto »

mattstratton wrote:ok so all can slap the newbie but its been nearly 13 years since i last attended Japfest as part of a club and was wondering do the pre meets still happen so everyone turns up at the same time?

Last year was my first japfest and most of us met up near the circuit and convoyed in. I'd assume there'll be the same again
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Yep, a couple of us will go straight there first thing to organise parking this year though - we may need a couple volunteers to handle the pre-meet part. There's a Tesco just a couple miles out from Silverstone which we've used in previous years.
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

We have 37 vehicle passes showing in the admin page, on track to smash last years attendance numbers!
mattstratton

Post by mattstratton »

Gazza_DJ wrote:Yep, a couple of us will go straight there first thing to organise parking this year though - we may need a couple volunteers to handle the pre-meet part. There's a Tesco just a couple miles out from Silverstone which we've used in previous years.

seems as good a place as any look forward to meeting some peeps this year :thumleft:
MR2 Turbo Boy

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

Can you add me to the list please..:)
markstevieandmads

Post by markstevieandmads »

whens the final date for tickets?

Ive currently got no engine in my car so its possible that i may bring my dads na so how does the ticket system work out for passengers etc?
Also, if i do get my car ready on time then can i just use the stand ticket and swap it over to my car?
SonicSW20

Post by SonicSW20 »

Deadline is 3rd April. It is possible they will close early as there is a limit on the amount of cars the venue can host due to space, insurance etc, but seeing as it's Silverstone it's quite unlikely that limit will be reached.

It does ask for a registration number when selecting a club ticket, we would need to ask them if it is possible to change that after ordering.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Keep booking tickets people! If anyone has not been added to the list don’t worry, as Gaz states above the ‘paid’ list is the one that matters and it is looking good!

I will have a quick tidy up and add names to the forum list over the weekend, I will probably be fairly quiet up to the event now and just add a few updates and push the event on FB now and then due to work commitments and house moving.

Gaz thank you for all your effort and keeping the interest moving between the clubs/FB, top man, see you there. :thumleft:
Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Just bought my tickets, add me to the list please!
Migou

Post by Migou »

Hello guys, I have a question regarding the track time.
As it is my first Jap Fest I don't know how it works. I reckon it is by sessions.
There are 2 options, 3 sessions or unlimited. I'm planning to take unlimited.

Also it would be my first track experience with my own car, so is it a good place to practice? I do know Silverstone track though and like it much :)

Looking forward to this event and meeting lot of people
MR2 Turbo Boy

Post by MR2 Turbo Boy »

Tickets booked ..... :) AND track time....:)

See everyone soon..:)
markr1

Post by markr1 »

Tickets booked 👍🚘
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

46 vehicle passes confirmed purchased so far.

Club ticket purchase deadline is the 3rd of April.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

One last push guys, not that long to ticket deadline. 50 MR2 confirmed paid up vehicle passes ordered!

SUNDAY 6TH MAY 2018

LOCATION - SILVERSTONE CIRCUIT

JAPFEST SILVERSTONE 2018 CLUB STAND TICKET PURCHASE NOW AVAILABLE

Ticket purchase information is as follows >>>

Click the link below >

http://www.japfest.co.uk/buy-tickets-0

A window opens, click the red tab which says `CLUB TICKET BOOKING`

From the drop down menu select `MR2OC/IMOC/2Brutal/MR2Drivers Club`

In the Password box enter the code below >>>

You now have access to the booking form. Select your required numbers of tickets and either a hoody or t-shirt. You can also purchase camping tickets if you wish to stay the night before, and track time is again available at extra cost.

IMPORTANT >>> Please ensure that you add a number to the `CLUB VEHICLE PASS` option as this will give you the hanger for your rear view mirror to drive into the MR2 Club stand. A new section will open up and you will be required to enter car make/driver and registration details.

Work your way through the rest of the form and enter payment details, job done!

If anybody has any issues please contact either myself (IMOC), Gaz (OZ) or Nik (DC).

Thanks to everyone in advance for your club support and attendance, hope you have a great day, we look forward to seeing you at JAPFEST SILVERSTONE 2018!

Club Show Entry Prices
All bundle admission includes show entry ticket and souvenir edition of Banzai magazine

Adult Day Ticket – Official Japfest T-shirt Bundle: £25*

Adult Day Ticket – Official Japfest Hoody Bundle: £33*

Admission valid for one adult, additional passengers will need to purchase a ticket.

Club Booking Deadline - Tuesday 3rd April 2018

Return to “Japfest 2018”