www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
JDM Import Rev 2 Turbo - more rust!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossonza
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

help....christmas bonus came through and im looking at these......thoughts?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Enkei-rpf1-5x114-3/253267439702?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649 [Think]
Draven

Feedback Score: 43

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

they are lovely. [thumleft]
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Draven wrote:
they are lovely. [thumleft]

i know
[Mr. Green]
androo007

Feedback Score: 10

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Personally a no from me. I don't think they suit the car.

That's only my opinion though. If you like them to for it!
Race Idiot
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 25

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

45 offset probably not that great tho, also for that price I'd see how much you can get em new. Maybe a bit more than 950 but not much more I bet and with proper offsets [thumleft]
Premium Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Race Idiot wrote:
45 offset probably not that great tho, also for that price I'd see how much you can get em new. Maybe a bit more than 950 but not much more I bet and with proper offsets [thumleft]

sure, im slowly going off the idea. and as you say asking a high price for the offset/finish.
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well i moved house early january, and im yet to have an update on the car. fingers crossed its not been broken down into bits and sold [Brick wall]
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well shes on the ramps and has had exhaust removed and some other bits. but progress is finalyl being made. The guys advised engine should be out today.

I've also ordered new handbrake cables off MR2Ben.

left to do/purchase once its back on my drive is:

To Buy:
Tyres
Engine oil filter
Spark plugs
Oil 4 litres
Coolant
Disks and Pads

To install:
fit handbrake cables
fit disks
fit pads
fit braided brake lines
fit fuel pump
fit polybush kit
fit new tyres
paint/stone chip sills
fill with coolant
fill brake fluid
fill with oil (engine and gearbox)

So loads left, really hoping i can make the mr2 show (as its near me) and then japfest.

Running out of time [Shocked]

[thumleft]
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

managed to get what i thinks a bargain [Smile]

rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

well no update since chasing. so ive requested the car back and ill be attempting the work myself on the drive....... [Brick wall]
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Im afraid that does not surprise me...for 150 he knows hes not making anything.
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

markstevieandmads wrote:
Im afraid that does not surprise me...for 150 he knows hes not making anything.

I know. You all told me so [Brick wall] [Not talking]
markstevieandmads

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Its honestly not too bad if you got a good trolley jack, large stands and a crane.
Just take a lot of pics of brackets and bag up and label EVERYTHING!!!

And be prepared to spend more money than you thought as you will find things you will want to replace while the engine is out
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

markstevieandmads wrote:
Its honestly not too bad if you got a good trolley jack, large stands and a crane.
Just take a lot of pics of brackets and bag up and label EVERYTHING!!!

And be prepared to spend more money than you thought as you will find things you will want to replace while the engine is out

ive got a trolley jack and crane and engine stand. no long stands (but ive got a friend with some).

I've been following this guide so far:
http://www.turbomr2.com/MR2/HowTo/Engine_Upgrade/Removal/Removing_the_3SGTE-01.htm

and found it pretty good, seems simple enough so far (i've literally removed / unclipped everything from the engine)

Sure, hoping ive bought most of the required kit but im prepared and so is my wallet lol.

hopefully i get the car back soon so i can get to work!

[thumleft] [thumleft]
thomp1983

Feedback Score: 45

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

A set of normal axle stands will be fine, just put some breeze blocks or something else heavy duty under them to raise them, saves you spending on stands for a one off job.
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

thomp1983 wrote:
A set of normal axle stands will be fine, just put some breeze blocks or something else heavy duty under them to raise them, saves you spending on stands for a one off job.

good shout [thumleft]
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

whilst ive been waiting for the car to come back to me ive gone and purchased some forged pistons off a member on here......

im thinking get the car on the road first, and install the forged pistons in my old engine (rebuild it up) then do a swap further down the line. means no rushing and can do the engine build at my own leisure. also been looking at megasquirts (ive built one myself before).

[thumleft]
markstevieandmads

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

If your dropping it at home you might fond you wanna fo it all at once.
Its not fun dropping the engine at home lol
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

markstevieandmads wrote:
If your dropping it at home you might fond you wanna fo it all at once.
Its not fun dropping the engine at home lol

oh i believe you. its never looked fun on the pictures. I just wanted to get the car ready for retro rides and a few other shows. wasnt sure if id have time this time round to do the forged build. also hadn't decided on if i was going to do the rods etc....

If i was to forge this engine id need to:
1. get new head studs
2. get new gasket kit
3. bore/hone current block

Id read rods were only worth doing if going over 400 odd hp?
rossonza
Premium Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Well she's back....not all good news though. Rear windows smashed. He's had a few cars vandalised or something [Shocked]

Anyways. I gave her a quick wash and I've looked at how to remove the rear window. (He sourced me a new rear piece of glass free of charge).

And washed

Also got a load of my parts back. So get to fit all that as well as the engine (being delivered seperately)

[thumleft]
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> Member Profiles All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: