Torn between two , mr2 turbo or Subaru impreza WRX ?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

alanmr2turbo

Re: Torn between two , mr2 turbo or Subaru impreza WRX ?

Post by alanmr2turbo »

Yes they do. Same as every add car. I've seen a few scubby beasts but they were only getting 5-6mpg when driven like u stole it lol
paulharry

Post by paulharry »

alanmr2turbo wrote:
AdsMr23sge wrote:Interesting
And what would your reason you would have the WRX over a mr2 ?

Firstly, youre going to get mostly the 'oh mr2 for life' since you asked the question on a MR2 site LOL same as you would get mostly 'WRX for life' on a Subaru site.

But for me if i had to choose the WRX is more practical more seating space, more doors and more boot space.

Oh and then there's the parts issues. For instance try finding an E153 gearbox. Few and far between and when they come up the prices are crazy.

Yes a slightly modified MR2 turbo may crawl away from a standard WRX but lets face it, roads have these things called bends in then and then it would be bye bye MR2 especially in the wet. Which will then bring the usual response of 'oh choose these tyres' Yep, choose those and you get in the corner quicker and also die quicker when they let go LOL

Then you have the rust to contend with although there are a few with no rust but few and far between.

I personally cant wait to get rid of mine even after all the work and money i've put into it over the last 10yrs+. It's probably a good 8 or 9 month since i drove it.

How come you hate your mr2 so much?
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

paulharry wrote:
alanmr2turbo wrote:
AdsMr23sge wrote:Interesting
And what would your reason you would have the WRX over a mr2 ?

Firstly, youre going to get mostly the 'oh mr2 for life' since you asked the question on a MR2 site LOL same as you would get mostly 'WRX for life' on a Subaru site.

But for me if i had to choose the WRX is more practical more seating space, more doors and more boot space.

Oh and then there's the parts issues. For instance try finding an E153 gearbox. Few and far between and when they come up the prices are crazy.

Yes a slightly modified MR2 turbo may crawl away from a standard WRX but lets face it, roads have these things called bends in then and then it would be bye bye MR2 especially in the wet. Which will then bring the usual response of 'oh choose these tyres' Yep, choose those and you get in the corner quicker and also die quicker when they let go LOL

Then you have the rust to contend with although there are a few with no rust but few and far between.

I personally cant wait to get rid of mine even after all the work and money i've put into it over the last 10yrs+. It's probably a good 8 or 9 month since i drove it.

How come you hate your mr2 so much?

I don't hate it. I just don't get pleasure from driving it no more and its got as far as i can go with it without forging it and throwing a further £5k at it.

But then if i had £5k to throw at it i would sell it and add that money to the £5k be buying something else. LOL
paulharry

Post by paulharry »

Yea I can see we’re your coming from
Is it you daily driver because I wouldn’t like to have one as my daily
Sounds like somebody is going to get a good car when you let it go 😁

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”