www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index
 AlbumAlbum CalendarCalendar FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist Legal NoticeLegal Notice IMOC 1/4 Mile1/4 Mile Table Knowledge BaseKnowledge Base   RegisterRegister 
 GarageCommittee GarageGarage  SubscriptionPremium Membership  ProfileProfile   Log in to check private messagesLog in to check private messages   Log inLog in 
Calendar 
[Mk2] [Turbo] Power steering
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 15

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

There's also a signal from the main ECU to the power steering ECU, named PSCT, that's used by the main ECU to disable power steering during starting.

Try disconnecting it, the power steering pump should then run when the ignition is turned on.
poj20

Feedback Score: 0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Cheers ,trying anything at moment
poj20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi all , ecu Iím drunk has been changed so problem most likely in ecu in boot.
Now I have the numbers of mine and wondered is there anyone know where I can buy one the same or even borrow one just to rule out a problem ? Willing to pay for the loan of one . Getting desperate now lol thanks in anticipation , mick
Pauln
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 31

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Probably a good idea to post the actual number of your ECU as I think there are variants within the rev 2 range.

Paul
poj20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:05 am    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hereís the numbers 89661-17380 3sgte
175000-4971 12v

26p 16p 22p
Hope this helps
Thanks paul
markstevieandmads

Feedback Score: 4

1993 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Thats the main ecu

You want the ps ecu
poj20

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Apparently thatís been changed , so he reckons itís the main one ?
jon
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 15

1994 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

As I mentioned before, if PSCT is disconnected the main ECU had no control over the PS. Did you try that? If it didn't work changing the main ECU is just wasting money.
poj20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi , Iím now looking for someone in or around midlands area that can fix this for me , after 3 months with one garage , heís now given up and Iíve my car back still not repaired , any suggestions welcome , regards mick
poj20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:40 pm    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Solenoid has been changed as was relay and Motor to the rack . Motor kicks in when on full lock either left or right , as soon as you start straightening up, motor stops . P/s light comes on a few seconds after ignition switched on . Nothing else to change is there or anyone any ideas ?? Regards mick
mr2magic

Feedback Score: 1

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Have you pulled the error codes? Short Tc and E in the diagnostics port and switch on ignition (don't start). Check the P/S light in the dash...is it blinking approx. twice a second continously oder is it flashing some kind of code as described here:

poj20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

Hi , Iíve not tried and my mechanic s given up . P/s light just stays on , no blinking at all . Took it somewhere yesterday and he just hit solenoid with a hammer ! Said they stick but itís been exchanged . Iíll pass this onto mechanic but he said the last diagram supplied by someone didnít match ecu wiring so am at a loss at moment . Hard to find someone local who knows about mr2 thanks for help mick
mr2magic

1991 Toyota MR2 Mk2 Turbo Rev1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

No need for a mechanic to read the fault codes. A paperclip can be used as a conductor to short Tc and E in the diagnostic port. We needn't be concerned with wiring yet....at least not until we can rule out everything else [Smile]
poj20

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

I sent that to my garage and he says heís got that one so I assume heís done the tests , so thanks anyway
poj20

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

All sorted now [Very Happy]
tiff_lee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

So what was it? just for closure
poj20

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Power steering Reply with quote Reply with quote including images

A sensor in the steering wheel . Also they said a wire was missing , but itís done ok since 1993 without it !
Post new topic   Reply to topic       www.imoc.co.uk Forum Index -> MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo -> Electrical All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: