Radiator & Clutch recommendations Rev3

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rob66

Radiator & Clutch recommendations Rev3

Post by Rob66 »

Hi all

Hopefully spring is not too far away and thinking my Rev3 could do with a couple of treats :)

I'm just past 100k and pretty sure both the radiator and clutch are the originals. No real issues with either but the radiator doesn't look too pretty (annoying when rest of car is great) and the clutch has the occasional squeak (although last week was good as gold O:) ).

So any recommendations gratefully received, car is 1995 UK Rev3, standard apart from Mongoose.

Cheers all

Rob
Race Idiot

Re: Radiator & Clutch recommendations Rev3

Post by Race Idiot »

The squeak is usually the pivot arm not having lubrication iirc, I'm assuming you mean a squeak once you push the clutch in? I wouldn't worry about the clutch unless you're getting slip or gear engagement issues.

Rad, again for an NA OEM toyota would be best as the pattern ones tend to have the bleed nipple in an awkward location. I mean you could get a fancy aly one, but the stock cooling system is perfectly fine for a std na.
androo007

Post by androo007 »

I just got a MR2Ben radiator, think it has all the right holes in the right places. Reasonable price too.
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

Race Idiot wrote:The squeak is usually the pivot arm not having lubrication iirc, I'm assuming you mean a squeak once you push the clutch in? I wouldn't worry about the clutch unless you're getting slip or gear engagement issues.

Rad, again for an NA OEM toyota would be best as the pattern ones tend to have the bleed nipple in an awkward location. I mean you could get a fancy aly one, but the stock cooling system is perfectly fine for a std na.

Cheers yes the clutch is the dreaded squeak when you depress it, drives me nuts sometimes, other times nothing :wink:

Will get a quote on an OE Radiator as well, sometimes OE bits are pretty reasonable other times like the centre caps for diamond cut Rev4 alloys scary price.

As an aside if anyone needs a new battery get a quote from Mr T mine was substantially cheaper there than Halfords.
Rob66

Post by Rob66 »

androo007 wrote:I just got a MR2Ben radiator, think it has all the right holes in the right places. Reasonable price too.

Cheers androo will have a look at MR2ben as well :wink:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”