[Mk2] [Turbo] Which brake discs and pads?

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Shaoxter

[Mk2] [Turbo] Which brake discs and pads?

Post by Shaoxter »

Time to replace my brake discs and pads all round, just wondering what people's recommendations are? My car is a Rev 3 Turbo, street use only.

Looking at the places where I normally get parts from, MR2 Ben has Pagid (apparently OE spec) at £167 for the set, or some more expensive EBC options. TCB parts doesn't list a brand but it's also around £160 for the set. There's also some MTEC ones on ebay...
raptor95GTS

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Which brake discs and pads?

Post by raptor95GTS »

if you have stock calipers then plain old OEM discs from Toyota are hard to beat no matter what pad you put against them. Ask for a discount at your local dealer, I got my discs 2 for price of 1 :thumleft: . Pads, different argument entirely but for street use and nothing too lairy then again stock pads just work out of the box. There are some previous threads discussing some more aggressive pads that weren't too bad for dust, ie not carbotec's but worked really well on the road and have awesome stopping power.
Hez

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Which brake discs and pads?

Post by Hez »

Don't bother with racing pads etc for a road car, been there done that standard pads are a lot better for everyday driving from a cold start. Ive had Pagid before and didnt rate them at all, people slag EBC off no end but there standard ultimax pad fells better than every other standard ive tried including Toyota, Pagid, Mintex.

Return to “Mechanical”