[Mk2] [Turbo] Earth Issue, which earth point

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

trackslag

[Mk2] [Turbo] Earth Issue, which earth point

Post by trackslag »

Hi All

Signed up today looking for a little help with my MR2 track car. It's a rev 2 that I've stuck rev 3 running gear into and I'm 90% of the way through the conversion. Everything is in the car now and hit an earth issue which means I get no CEL. Long story short, got a mate who's an electrical engineer to come round and work through it for me. He went through all the pins at the ECU and seems to have found the problem.

At the ECU, pins B13, B14 and B26 from the diagrams should all be earthed however we get around an ohm on the pins. Checking the diagrams, they all look to go to the same earthing point (looks like the 3 pins are for redundancy). If we put an earth in there, we get the CEL.

He has suggested he could just put an earth in there and be done with it but I'd ideally like to keep the wiring as close to standard as possible to make life easier in future for repairs or mods not working on top of multiple changes.

Does anyone know which engine bay earth strap B13/B14/B26 go to? I've gone through the engine bay, taken off every earth strap I could and cleaned them up in case the issue is just a bit of corrosion. Still not worked though, if someone knew which strap they go to I'd be able to focus in on it without having the painful day of tracing the wires through the loom...

Thanks for any help you guys can give!
mr2magic

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Earth Issue, which earth point

Post by mr2magic »

They should all connect to the earth strap on the rear of the intake manifold.
trackslag

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Earth Issue, which earth point

Post by trackslag »

Brilliant, thanks for the quick reply, that's saved me a loooot of time! :D

Return to “Electrical”