bag of bolts

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

EvilPanda

bag of bolts

Post by EvilPanda »

hi guys, finally decided to get my rust bucket on here, well dont know what to say actually but this is my first rwd mid engine type of the vehicle i ever owned. so i am just trying to get familiar with it and learn new things. anyway , had it for 16 months now, decided to restore it no mater the condition or value, why? why not? you can buy expensive thing but can't buy experience and knowledge, right? ok enough blabbing for me over here, I bet people got better thing to do like read this non sense lol.
since i bought this vehicle i have done full service, timing belt and water pomp, tires and some bodywork. its been lowered, but i think springs has been replaced, i hope not chopped. After market wheels. and wierd exhaust.
unfortunately vehicle has been bumped previously (and why I am not surprised?) and of course poorly repaired on N/S/R 1/4. so had to re weld it. Still sills needs doing, but at least slowly moving forward.
you can see some pictures on instagram #PandaRefinishing

Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
Image[/URL]
yokomomr4bx

Re: bag of bolts

Post by yokomomr4bx »

Just curious, any particular reason you chose to form a replacement rear quarter piece from sheet metal/filler rather than cutting the required panel section from a donor/scrap car?

Clean looking car by the looks of it now!
EvilPanda

Post by EvilPanda »

could not find descent one, all rusty and week. cheecked 3 local mr2s but were no good. So I thought would be easier to repair it and it was. I think. On other hand its good to learn something new. yeah, that's the way it is staying, will be modifying suspension for track/street purpose latter on :eye:
Last edited by EvilPanda on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Good work, very impressive

Return to “Member Profiles”